xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

Buy A Domain Name At Computing Host If I Live In Viet Nam ?

How can I buy a domain name there ? I really need it for my site. I also tried looking at their site but don't understand anything about these three :

Mail Fordwarding

Domain Forswarding

Managed DNS

Which of them is the best ?

And more , I only see the two ways to pay (If I remember correctly) are paypal and one more (But I don't remember the name) but what is paypal ? Where to get it ? How to use it ?

Thank you very much.

PS : Please do NOT tell me about another domain registration place even if they are a big company like Yahoo and/or sell domain cheaper Xisto - Web Hosting , why ? Because I only trust Xisto , Asta Host and Xisto - Web Hosting :)

Just in case you forgot , I am living in Viet Nam so it is impossible to meet Xisto - Web Hosting 's staffs

Thank you very much. Please help me.

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to shorten title
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

OK, to go through the features of each:
Mail forwarding means that any email sent to something@domain-u-buy.com will get forwarded to the email address you choose. This lets you have more professional looking email addresses without having to pay for a domain.

Domain forwarding means that anyone that visits http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ will get automatically sent to the domain you choose. However, this doesn't give you the email address ending.

A managed DNS service allows you to change the bare bones features of a domain you alreadyown, and basically gives you more technical control over what you are doing. For example, you can change how mail is handled etc. However, you need to be quite clued up on what you are doing.

Paypal is a service provided by the creators of eBay, that allows you to add money to your account using a credit card, then transfer this money to people via the Internet. Companies use it to avoid paying credit card processing fees and as people around the world can use it. You have to be careful however as your money is far less secure online than in a piggy bank at home! You can get a Paypal account from https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/home.

I hope that answers your questions, but if not there is information to contact the Xisto staff here.

Mail Fordwarding

Domain name does not forward any email unless you mean MX records. Mail forwarding listed under Xisto - Web Hosting means you want to "capture" all incoming email to your domain and send it to somewhere else. Well, you're part of Xisto hosting member. Your cPanel already does that ONLY if you change your domain name using the Process page, addon or park. :)

Domain Forswarding

This option is to send any traffic that goes to site X to site Y. If this is your first purchase of a domain name, do not use it. If you purchase other domains in the future and want to send web traffic to the "key" site, use the forwarding option.

Managed DNS

This is crucial for any domain names, because you need to control where your domain name "points" to your hosting service. The most important option under DNS control is the nameserver change option. Some domain name registrar will not let you control your own DNS. Visit https://xisto.com/ for more domain name purchasing details and payment methods.

Thank you.

Thank you guys but which of those three is the best choice at the moment ?

On the Xisto account you have for Hosting your site, you get all three features in the cpanel and if you buy the domain from domains.computinghost.com, you have the choice to use all three as well.
A perfect fit.

Can you guys explain again about those three ?Not only Protoman , I want to know too because I am also going to buy a domain name from Xisto - Web Hosting.