xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjordan

Sig Using Gimp tryed a new style

I am not a graphix guy, but I think the experts around here are going to mention that the text should be 'aliased'. I think there is a Tutorial about that here somewhere. I am not sure if it is in the Tutorial section or in the gfx topics. Might want to look it up using the search feature.Border is a big one. Can you cut it down a little?Otherwise, nice job.

The background colours could be lighter, to me it' seems to be a very dull and dark sig. Maybe using a lighter red for the background. Also a smaller maybe 2pt border would make it look alot better.

It looks very good so far! I agree with the suggestions jlhaslip and tuddy made, and if I may make my own suggestion, it would look really cool with a random design in the background, a very subtle one, maybe as an overlay or something over the gradient.Keep up the good work!

The text needs to be anti-aliased, as jlhaslip said, which will remove the slightly jagged edges and make it look smoother against the background. The border is very wide and way too dark, which makes it very hard to tell that it is mean to have that 3D effect. The background could also do with something to make it more than a gradient. Try brushing on a new layer over the top of it, then set that layer to "overlay", and you should get quite a good effect.

Yes. Very good job on modding the original sig. Second one is a great improvement.Keep working on your skills and techniques. You'll be a master in no time.Check out the Tutorial section for many more tips.ps: you don't have your name on the new one anywhere...

Good but i dont like rating sigs that are done using gimp because they are way too basic. I have seen some people do some really detailed work though so try to do more.

for gimp those sigs actually look quite good but i will say the same as some of the other members have said, its to dark but i actually love the sig you said was your best

The new version looks really cool! Nice job! I think the background effect, while simple, makes it look a whole lot better, and I like the text better, too. Keep it up, with a little practice, you can do some really neat stuff with GIMP.

Edited by Chrisseh (see edit history)