xisto Community
special

Gzip Support gzip

Hello, I was yust wondering if gzip is supported, because ofcourse I wanna save anyway of bandwith. And turning the option on for nothing gues thats useless. So dus any1 know if its supported? ?:) thanxs in advance.

I think its possible since I have installed phpBB3 in my Xisto host and I have configured GZIP enabled and its working perfectly fine and when I tried with GZIP disabled the pages just don't load well and sometimes returns an error... Why not you try turning on GZIP and see if there's any change in page load?

I use a phpbb ver 2.something forum with gzip enabled and it works great.Using gzip reduced my bandwidth approximately 50 % for that forum, freeing up a whole bunch for other stuff.

I use a developer version of IE 7 much faster then IE 6 or firefox in its loading and handling also I use a beta googel program calld google web accelerator. So load times Cant really say if its faster or not due to am alreaddy maxed out speed. Inc my bandwith and stuff.But great to know it works, I put it on standard anyway got no errors so seems everythings runs oki doki. thanxs for the words gy's ^^

Don't have to really worry about the speed... I'm using IE 7.0 RC1 which is almost the same as you are but just not the google web accelerator but it still runs faster than without the GZIP enable... Its always better to have it enabled than disabled, and I'm pretty certain that it will work well enough with hosted on Xisto...