xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Integrating Post-nuke With An Existing Smf Forum

hi, im looking to use a content management system for my site, and well postnuke seems simple enough. the problem im having is that i cant seem to figure out how to integrate my forum (an existing Simplemachines forum) with the postnuke stuff, so if anyone can help me, id really appreciate it! thanks!

I would greatly recommend you do not use phpnuke. I used it for a website of mine and it was hacked 3 times in the first 2 months. In order for it to be secure from hacking, you have to mod it a ton and always update as soon as a new version comes out which is not worth it at all. You would be better off writing your own code and in the end it would take you just as much time and phpnuke would.

PostNuke is a Content Management System (CMS) along the same lines as Mambo, Joomla, WordPress, and others. It can be used to create a web site where several people are capable of managing the information on the site.

I still confused , is it like FTP program or something ?Thank you very much.

If you open fantastico in your cpanel you will see all the content management systems you can install, click on one & it will show you a link to the relevant developer's website which will tell you all about them. They usually have a test site you can play with too.

thanks for the help guys, but i actually just found MKPortal, and well to be honest, it works perfectly with my site. everything integrated seamlessly, and if this works for other forums as well as it did SMF, i really recommend it. Took me about 10 minutes to get it set up once i started, and its all really intuitive, even a 10 year old could set it up easily xD

problem resolved. closed. :)