xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contor

Linksys Befw11s4 Wireless Router Issue it is usual??

Topic moving to Computer > Hardware (remember this section next time).No it's not normal to "freeze" something that cannot be frozen. So describe how it freezes. Is it cold? Does it stop working like a router? Are you unplugging the power to make it work again? How did you set your router, as a router or a gateway? Do you have your DHCP enabled? If so is your router IP address conflicting with your modem? What kind of broadband service do you have, i.e. PPPoE, Auto-dynamic or Static?These are the important information you should provide when you are requesting for a hardware support. Otherwise, your initial post is meaningless and empty.

Heck I can't even help you what I suggest is call tech support they should be able to help you, the lack of info still isn't helping me at least.

Most likely you are not connected to your own wireless router. This is #1 mistake users make when using wireless router out of the box.See if you can enter your router admin control... usually 192.168.1.1 Change your SSID to something unique, like your street name spelled backwards. Once that is changed see if your wireless connection shows the same SSID. If not, the reason you're not connecting is because you're not connected to the correct router--and not your router not sending packets.When you know you're connected to correct SSID, use your wireless connection control to set that SSID as preferred. This is the time to install WEP for your wireless. Refer to your manufacture's instruction.To avoid further hacking attempt from free loaders from outside trying to hop onto your wifi, disable broadcast of your SSID *optional.Try this first and see if you're having further issue.

I remember a few days ago doing something similar like this. I set up my router perfectly well, connecting to my PC and putting it in a high position so it is easier to broadcast the signal to the other wireless device in my house. I used Windows to connect into my wireless network which is broadcasted. However i typed the wrong password and it simply hangs there for close to 20 minutes before giving me a 'limited network connectivity' message without actually telling me that the password was a wrong 1. Another poor glitch of Windows I am afraid. Is that your problem?

It's not easy to give help with such a fault description.But to be sure that you are connected to the right router :- Connect a PC with a LAN cable to router.- Change the Broadcast SSID to something unique like router_06- change the channel to something unique (I think the default for most routers is channel 6)- Remove the LAN cable.- connect a PC wireless- Search ou SSID (and channel) in the list set this connection as default.- Now you are sure that you are connected to your own router.If possible protect your router with MAC adress list.And an encryption protocol (so others can't use your router).

Yea i know and tried everything you suggest but it continues happends, but ist no frecuent anymore, maybe the problem is the numer of packages per second it has to trasmit, thanks a lot anyway

If the link quality is low on 54 Mbps , you can always fix the speed on 11 Mbps.(The link speed can set on your computer).Or try another channel (some channels may have less problems).

I forgot to tell you one other thing: be near your router when doing this. Some houses have lead or dense insulators that might block or interfer with good connection. Try with direct line of sight (meaning nothing is blocking the path between your computer and the router.Try limiting anything that is radio frequency generator, i.e. lights, TV, cell phone, cordless etc.And did you find out if your SSID matches one that you assigned in the router?

i forgot password wireless modem linksys befw11s4

Linksys Befw11s4 Wireless Router Issue

Hi:

I just got a new laptop and I want to get on the internet via my wireless modem (Linksys BEFW11S4). However, I cannot remember or find the password. How can I reset the password? I have heard I can hold down the red button on the back for 40 seconds and then give it a new passwird. OK, I can do that, but how do I give it a new password??

Thanks for you help! I don't know a lot about this stuff.

-question by Hollywood

slow speeds with linksys BEFW11s4

Linksys Befw11s4 Wireless Router Issue

Hello everyone. My cable internet connection has a download speed of about 6 mbps. However, when I connect my BEFW11s4 the fastest speeds I can get are around 1 mbps. Can I fix that? Any help? Thank you.

-question by Alexbrla

xbox 360 elite adapter not connecting to rouderLinksys Befw11s4 Wireless Router IssueWhy is my 360 adapter not connecting to the rouder...Adapter has flashing green and I cant choose wireless settings?-reply by josh