xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyRob

Ipb 2.2 Beta Released

hi everyone, good news and bad news. The good news is that IPB 2.2 has now been released for beta testing so everyone who has an IPB licence download the beta and test it. The bad news though is that the new IPB is structured differently to that of the 2.1 series so im afraid OpaQue you may have to do some more coding.

I'm afraid I may not experience such things. I am not able to buy paid products on the net T_T. Paypal is not supported here in our country as well as I dont have a credit card. Just ATM. :)

lets keep the spam down to a minimum, so far I havn't found any bugs although the session in to admin panel doesn't last long.But yeah the admin panel has changed greatly alot more has been adedd to it. But what mx mentioned opaque will have to reformat the coding again but due to that long process we will be on this version for awhile to to begin with since this is beta mod and who know how much more they will add. also if you go to invision site they list everything that will be added even BuffaloHELP's little bbcode image fit :).LOVE!!! the new profile set up although takes a few minutes to find everything.LOVE!!! the new posting layout as well. Posting panel has changed as well and makes it alot easier to control the bbcodes as well.

has anyone got an example url? I would really like to take a look :-)

Introduction to v2.2 can be read here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Documentation of public beta v2.2 can be read here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Live Demo account http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Some of modifications I thought it was no brainer :P

Remove IPB Version from your Board Footer

You can now easily remove the IPB version from displaying in your board footer by selecting a single setting in the ACP. Often times when a malicious user discovers a reported vulnerability in a given software, such as IPB, they will search for boards with that version - if you do not display the version in your board footer, you will be protected from searches of this nature.

And I should have copyrighted this one... but it was long coming anyway

Auto resizing of large linked images

Posted images are automatically resized on-the-fly if they are larger than the available screen width of the browser. Clicking the image displays it full size in a pop-up window. Each reduced image has information above stating how much reduction has taken place and the dimensions of the original image.

PS, OpaQue hates beta :)

lets keep the spam down to a minimum, so far I havn't found any bugs although the session in to admin panel doesn't last long.
But yeah the admin panel has changed greatly alot more has been adedd to it. But what mx mentioned opaque will have to reformat the coding again but due to that long process we will be on this version for awhile to to begin with since this is beta mod and who know how much more they will add. also if you go to invision site they list everything that will be added even BuffaloHELP's little bbcode image fit :) .

LOVE!!! the new profile set up although takes a few minutes to find everything.
LOVE!!! the new posting layout as well. Posting panel has changed as well and makes it alot easier to control the bbcodes as well.

Can I ask how you got to see all that, as I'd love to have a look myself. I read through the links Buffalo posted & it certainly seems to have some nice new features, but actually seeing them is a lot more revealing than reading about them. :P

so oyu actually notice the image resizer, Im suprise they just don't incorporate deans shoutbox as full feature. Yeah royalties would be a pain in the butt but hey one less thing for us to do. Well of course now it will be obvious who has what version. Although I do think invisionize has a version remover since I saw it displayed as 2.1.x.Hopefully the new security stuff will help out in the long. It's funny though every time I try out a beta software I don't seem to find bugs. :)

Beta softwares must not be tested or incorporated on large scale forums like Xisto. It is intended for testing purposes and debugging. We can wait for a while after a stable will be released... :)

Well I agree on the paypal creditcard things, some services use pay by phone or tekstmessage. I really enjoy that and use it on a donating service on my websites / games. More eassy then the other stuff and people will do it fast / more often because its yust a charge on your phonebill no catch :)Also I never liked ipb I am more a phpbb fan, and I yust stept over to phpbb plus and I really enjoy using it and I think its great and better then ipb

I'd be interest to have a look at it and see how it compares to either the earlier versions of IPB, or InvisionFree PB and InvisionPlus type boards going around on the internet.

Buff the demo's on the Invision Power site are not the latest IPB demo's ive got the latest IPB demo installed here there is a load of changes to the new IPB especially the backend code.

The Invision Power Site demos has never works for me... They always cannot load out... I guess this version of the IPB is worth testing out and I guess there will be lots of bugs around... I'll register, and do some testing out!