xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seddy

Help Duane "dog" Champman

I am not sure where this goes, so i put it here to be safe.

In case everyone doesn't know, Dog chapman from the hit A&E tv show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" is in some trouble.

here is what happened.

Dog, Leland and Tim were taken into custody by U.S. Marshals early Thursday, September 14 in connection with charges stemming from their 2003 arrest of convicted serial rapist, Andrew Luster.

Andrew Luster, the famed heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune, was convicted of drugging and raping three women over a four year span. During his trial in 2003, Luster fled the country to Mexico. In June 2003, Dog and his team tracked the fugitive Luster in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he was living under an alias, and arrested him.

As bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, Dog, Tim and Leland were arrested by the Mexican authorities andLuster was handed over to the United States government by the Mexicans. He was subsequently found guilty and is currently serving a 124 year prison sentence. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, and Dog, Tim and Leland were arrested by the Mexican authorities. After being released on bail, Dog, his family and team, returned to Hawaii and to their lives as bounty hunter

Dog, Leland and Tim were all released on bail on Friday, September 15th, 2006, as the judge concluded they are not flight risks. While out on bail, they will be required to remain in the state and wear electronic monitoring devices until they return to court for extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico. No date has been set for those hearings

these guys need our help everyone who wants to help go to dog's website and sign the petitions.

here are the links.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

http://www.petitiononline.com/

everyone's signature is a voice heard to help get the charges on Duane chapman dropped.

yeah I heard about it, put it like this once they go to Mexico, they will be coming back in body bags, if the guards don't finish them the inmates will. Just cause of that fact of them being bounty hunters and the Mexican prision system is pure junk.

Well thats why the petitions are up.(well one of the reasons) Dog is a pillar to the american society. He helps gets the low lifes off the streets. If you think about it he did the world a favor. He went to a popular tourist spot and got one of the most dangerous people off the streets.This Andrew Luster coudl have been raping tourists since the day he ran down there.My last check on the second petition was over 51 thousand signatures. I am noticing that theer are signatures form all over the world on there too. So Dog is making world head lines.My opinion, he wont even go to Mexico. the charges will most likley be dropped and he can assume a normal life of bounty hunting. Dog is too ...well too much of an upstanding citizen to have something like this bestowed upon him. At worst he will get a hefty fine, but i am confident he will do no time.

If they are lucky yeah, but knowing how our government screws people over they put him in for some sort of dirty deal, just to make themselves look good.Hopefully the government will see that he has done more good in 15-20 years then most people have in their life times.

They had a show on A&E called "Dog: The Family Speaks" and I watched and shaked my head. Since when is Bounty Hunting a crime? Some Justice systems are completely screwed up. Like come on. What Dog did 3 years ago was a good thing not a bad thing. They went to Mexico got the bad-guy who deserves to be in jail more than Dog does. And I found it wierd that Bounty Hunting is illegal or something in Mexico. I think that's stupid. I hope Dog doesn't go to jail. He would not be safe there. And would probably get killed by one of his enemies in whichever jail he would be sent to.

not every country has bounty hunters, some just get their police to chase down the criminals and arrest them. How can these guys say they're better than the crooks they catch if they break laws themselves to catch their targets

The Mexican police are worthless. They should have caught him crossing the border, but NO! They let him slip by. Also, he was raping people down there in Mexico as well, yet the Mexican Govt. didn't charge him. In stead they held Dog. Plus Dog had no idea that Bounty Hunting was illegal in Mexico, teh Judge told Dog never to come back to Mexico and he took him up on that advice. The Dog should have gotten a thankyou form the Mexican Govt, not an arrest warrant.

They had a show on A&E called "Dog: The Family Speaks" and I watched and shaked my head. Since when is Bounty Hunting a crime? Some Justice systems are completely screwed up. Like come on. What Dog did 3 years ago was a good thing not a bad thing. They went to Mexico got the bad-guy who deserves to be in jail more than Dog does. And I found it wierd that Bounty Hunting is illegal or something in Mexico. I think that's stupid.
I hope Dog doesn't go to jail. He would not be safe there. And would probably get killed by one of his enemies in whichever jail he would be sent to.

i dont thnk he owuld be safe at all....i hope he gets out....which he may already be....do you have any more information on this story?????

I have watched several Dog episodes and he seems like a quite nice guy. He was even quite civil to the crooks that he caught.And about the law in Mexico, I think it is quite stupid. Mexico seems like the place that needs more "thief catchers" other than the police. At least that's what it seems to me from TV and other sources.

I do not believe that Dog should lose his job over a mistake. I forgive him for it and I think everyone else should to. Name one person that has not said something in there lifetime or even done something in there lifetime that they do not regret now? I know I have. What is wrong with Dog saying this when you listen to every rap song and they use it? Even Emeinm Does. You tell me how come no one goes after him. The N word is use more than people realize. The N word is use in movies, songs and use by people themselves. Dog seems like he is very sorry for what he has said and I really think people should get over it. If he uses it everyday I�m sure that he will stop now that he has realized that it has hurt so many people in his life and so many others. And you can see that Dog is trying to make everything right. This should of NEVER left his family and now that it has, the whole thing makes me really sad. You have only one father in your whole life. Why would you do something like this? Why would you go into the media and tell everyone that your father is a racist over money. Your family should have talked it out instead of messing up everything going great in his life.Dog I support you and Im sure there is many of others who do too. Don�t let this mess up your family. You fought one battle and won and Im sure you will will this one also.A&E I hope you realize that Dog does a lot of good in this word and I hope to god you take the show back. We love Dog so much.And as for Tucker, I hope you make this right with your father and spend as much time with your father as you can. Life is to short to lose your father.-Jessy

I do not believe that Dog should lose his job over a mistake. I forgive him for it and I think everyone else should to. Name one person that has not said something in there lifetime or even done something in there lifetime that they do not regret now? I know I have. What is wrong with Dog saying this when you listen to every rap song and they use it? Even Emeinm Does. You tell me how come no one goes after him. The N word is use more than people realize. The N word is use in movies, songs and use by people themselves.

-Jessy

this is old news. i'm not worried personally. but my opinion is this. DOG knew what he was doing when he broke the law and he broke the law anyway. why? because he made a choice based on principles and morals which sometimes the laws don't cover :rolleyes: he should face some consequences for it knowing that he represents the law and is supposed to uphold the law, not break the law.

i don't know where he was arrested in mexico, i am assuming outside of BC because in baja california you have the right to be brought back to the united states for your hearing and judgement. the united states should step in. in my opinion, DOG is someone to look up to and an inspiration to many people. for the most part, i highly respect what he does and how he goes about doing it. but then, i only know what i see on t.v. that is edited too so i know my opinion can't be too objective knowing this. if he WAS such a bad person though, i'm sure his bad reputation would be posted in every paper. it's not. he's more than just a celebrity but at the same time...he has to respect the laws of other countries if he intends to cross the borders!

you better know what you're doing when you cross a border. in some countries, you can recieve a dui just for having ANY alcohol in your system when driving.....and in some countries, first offense is DEATH. these are some of the laws you need to abide by when you cross the border or face the consequences!

I heard rumors about Dog the bounty hunter being 'pulled' from A&E. I found a couple of news items that back this up. The following was dated Nov. 2nd 2007.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A reality TV show starring celebrity bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman was pulled from the air indefinitely on Friday, two days after a private phone conversation in which he used a racial slur was posted online.
Cable channel A&E suspended production of the fifth series of Chapman's popular show, "Dog the Bounty Hunter," as the phone call was made public on Wednesday, but on Friday the network went a step further.

"In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," an A&E spokesman said.

Here is the link for more info:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must be put in QUOTE tags. Readme.