xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

The Difference Between Mysql And Postgresql ?

I found those two in cPanel and they loofed nearly the same as each other but what is the difference ? I tried to go to phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin and they are nearly the same too. Do you know that ? Please reply , thanks a lot.

SQL is a standardization of Database Procedures. In the 'olde' days, everyone used different commands and features and then there were always problems adapting code, retrieving information, etc from various databases. SQL solves some of these problems.MYSQL and PostGresql are two implementations of SQL by two different groups, both of which are Open Source, although the Mysql is also available as a commercial product. Postgresql is available from Sourceforge, the Open Source site.PHP5 comes packaged with an 'SQL-lite' which doesn't have all the features of these other packages, but is quite effective for smaller applications, ie: a cd library, address book, mailing list, etc.

HII have a question Mysql is better or Postgresql ?i know is very bad question but i want to know !all developers make php script by mysql database and all panels support mysqlmysql or Postgresqlis it deferent Database query in Postgresql and mysql