xisto Community
ishwar

First 3d Render

It looks great, though I think the reflection of the chrome looks kind of wierd, I like the tire texture, how long did it take you?

Do you think so ? The chrome looks fine to me , xcept mayb it looks a bit too steely,for the tire texture, i used a noise bump map. It took me bout 45 minutes in total, had to read up a few wheel tuts.

I think it looks really good. The crome effect really makes it look realistic almost like the real thing. I have to learn how to use this piece of software.

The problem is that 3ds max isn't free.Excellent work on the wheel. I've done some 3D meddling and although I came up with a few fairly impressive results in the past, I have since given up with 3D modelling (without formal instruction, anyway) for now, since it can be so difficult to envision/create realistic objects, let alone texturing/animating them.

yeah i agree 3ds max is a very nice program i used it to reneder maps for halo ce ( custom edition) it has pretty m uch limitless features, but 3ds max 8 is priced at about 400 dollars, which i would never pay unless i needed it,great job on the tire by the way, the chrome may need some work, but it looks good to me

yeah i agree 3ds max is a very nice program i used it to reneder maps for halo ce ( custom edition) it has pretty m uch limitless features, but 3ds max 8 is priced at about 400 dollars, which i would never pay unless i needed it,
great job on the tire by the way, the chrome may need some work, but it looks good to me

What ? $400 only ? Last time I checked autodesk.com , it was priced at $3000 and odd. I use the software in my animation classes, I don't have a personal edition though

OMG!!!! $400? $3,000? dollars? damn am i reading correctly?! that is the biggest price of a software i've seen (if it is the real price) Now im appreciating all the facilities i have with computer softwares :)