xisto Community
Jimmy

A New Look For A Non-profit Charity Site! Need help with an overall site design. (not the coding btw)

Ewwwghhuahh. I'm sorry, but that's the first impression I got from both templates. Not only are they very restrictive, but in using the soft shading, it seems extremely harsh. In addition, it looks like you're planning to use tables for layouts. BAD! A professional design will utilize color, images, LAYOUT, and semantic structure (rather, it should) to achieve its goals...which I feel I can provide examples of. I can probably substitute one of my designs. In addition, think of a color scheme, ideas for logos, and all other crucial elements of design. You can e-mail me at aurorae90@hotmail.com

WOW! Thanks biscuit! I'd really appreciate that. I guess I'll have to get a slightly better idea of colours and logos for the site, i did find some cool looking navbars, but trouble was I made em with a free trial and only first three links work, but they look good :) I'll get back to you guys and gals with something a bit more specific. Catch me anytime with mcguirje{at}wellingtoncollege.org.uk!*EDIT* - Unfortunately I'm gonna have to re-format first hard drive. got a nasty recurring dialer / trojan (and other viruses that I seem to have fixed completely) those just won't go away B). So I'll be off for a day or two... I won't have left this thread, I'll be back!I'm definitely gonna have some meat for the vent - I made the mistake of clicking ignore future ones, so now I have to manually delete those B-**** virus files every 5 minutes. gaarhrrrrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!.Good news however is that because it cannot wait any longer, I'll be back on much sooner. YAY!P.S. Biscuitrat, I like ur site, and those others you made, you must be pretty good at design in general... oh and hows the trombone going? I too play that cool, cool, lump of brass :PC ya'll Later and thanks once again for the support :P

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)