xisto Community
richierich1m

Making School Fun

GEEK!! Sorry Ryan, had to be said.Anyway, I have fun at school by just working hard, and using free time to hang out. As long as the work is challenging, it keeps me occupied.

Yeah, getting a girlfriend will TOTALLY make life so much easier.Wait, no it won't.If you want to be happy, a girlfriend in high school (generally) is the last thing you want.That isn't to say that having a girlfriend can't be fun.

I remember when I was at primary school (wouldnt be hard, I'm only in secondary school now) But anyway,lets just say, I would rather amputate my own pinky then sit through another one of  those lessons. I guess it had something to do with my teachers. And the fact we had to sit in the same boringroom al day. It was so repititous, I think thats what really got me down. I still had to work hard though. I managed to get straight 5s in my sats. I used to fill in the time buy drawing circles and dividing them into 4 quarters. Then id color in a section every 15 minutes. It was like a little countdown. With that method, I was constantly occupied, so it worked for me. Another thing id just do was fix my eyes on something and just not move them. Like, just sit and think and stuff. You forget where you are, it passed tonnes of time for me =] Oh and there was the really fun part, we used to have rubber wars :P.That was just basically picking of pieces of rubber from our old ones and flicking them at each other without  the teacher seeing. Funny as hell, but not recommended, get you in a LOTT of trouble lol. Secondrary school is better. We get to do more hands on things, meet more people, and you get an incy teeny microscopic bit more freedom. I think its only cuz our school is so big and there is not enough teachers to see what you are doing all the time though!The good part is I getto ride the bus to school (for free) every morning. Usually, the bus is extra late so we get to school around half an hour late sometimes. Anyways, just struggle though and take each day as it comes, thats alli can say really! Try your best to work hard and enjoy it (Whenever Possible, ;])

you should have something at school that will catch your attention. That can be friends of your like, GF , sports,...I like to go to school (training) becouse there was a table-tennis court where we playall the free time.School should arrange enough extra caricular activities for the students for theirfull involvemnt both in studies and social and mental development

let me tell you guys how we can make our school full of fun ,i am currently in college but believe me i enjoyed my school days a lot ,there are lot of thinks that help you stay cool with schoolfirst you should have a lot of friends ,good friends with whom you can share your laugh,enjoy your school days,do assignments together
second being in your school sports help ,i had my sports session usually all days after school ,where we played to our hearts content ,we enjoyed those plays that it didn't matter who wins but playing itself was fun
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT
get a girlfriend and you'll be enjoying the school more than anything else :P .
and try to stay somewhat good in studies ,your marks would be a motivating factor(this one may be i didn't have :D )
thats all guys i am sure if you get the above three things ,you'll want to go school even on sundays :P
let everyone share on how to make school fun

Yeah that would make it more fun, but school isn't about being FUN. School is about learning and preparing you for the future ahead of you. When school is over, that's when you should have fun. All the things you have mentioned are great to have and whatnot, but if they become distractions to your school work then that could be a HUGE problem.

For me, I think putting "fun" in school should mean that it becomes more interesting, more engaging. You don't necessarily have to have a girlfriend or boyfriend nor do you need to do sports or have a lot of friends. I dropped out, and I didn't play sports, have a boyfriend, nor have a whole lot of friends. What made me drop out is that it bored me to pieces. It wasn't engaging enough to make me WANT to learn any more than I had to. I honestly think that the whole education system, at least in my country (the United States) needs a complete and total overhaul. Many kids who drop out have so much potential and are actually very intelligent, but they're simply bored to tears with the way school here works. There is a huge difference between fun and slacking off. I remember having fun in subjects that I'm not great with, but still had a desire to learn about, because the teachers made the subject fun. Science is a great example of it. I do alright with science, but I'm not spectacular with it like I am with English and other languages, nor do I suck with it like I do math. I just do OK, but always had a lot of fun and had a desire to learn because it was just challenging enough to keep me wanting more, and we were constantly doing hands-on things as opposed to copying problems out of a book and solving them. Many kids just need that sort of stimulation, THAT sort of fun, not the slack-off kind. If the education system could find a way to make sure that all schools make all subjects and classes like that, I could guarantee that the dropout rate would be lower than what it is. I also think that there should be a little more freedom in the classroom. I know so many kids who hated school but love college because of the freedom to disagree, the freedom to challenge what is in the textbook, the ability to challenge the so-called facts with other theories and thoughts and ideas. That was another reason that science was fun for me. What was in the textbook was fact, but I could come up with something off of the top of my head, a random thought that was connected to what we were studying, and mention it in class. There would then be a whole discussion based around those ideas. In so many other classes though, there was no room for that. Heck, in a lot of classes, if we even dared to challenge what the textbook said, we were automatically wrong and there was no question about that. Fun doesn't mean not learning, it means making the learning fun.