xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayoman123

Why Do We Have To Post For Host?

do you know a better host out there where you dont have to post for the excelent free service that Xisto offers?Do they offer Cpanl, Fantastico, MySql Databses (99 of them) , e-mail addresses for your domain, as much uptime as Xisto, i dont think they would offer all of this and just simply ask that you post a few times a week to keep your site up.

Trap17 Hosting is better than most PAID Hosting Services.The posting is a small price to pay.Of course, the option remains with you to post or not.

If you want free hosting with no ads on your site, then posting isn't a big deal. Many people do it. But if you don't want to post, there's always Xisto.net.

why do we have to post in the forums to get service? I dont think we should have to.

Notice from truefusion:
Moved from My Ideas, Theories, Possiblities, Innovation

You can decide between this and PAID hosting services, anyway, you will get the same package quality... Yeah, for me this is like Paid webhosting, it has all the features that those services offer, and no ADS. What else you want?

Also posting is not like a pain, is mostly like a hobbie (well, at least for me), you learn new things, share your problems with others, get solutions for almost everything, etc.

It is in benefit to yourself! You can make friends, get well along and you get better stuff than most paid hosting services. If you see my introduction topic, I pointed it out.Dude, enjoy this.Just post. Get along well, not all is free, you just have to post useful stuff and not short answers, read Xisto.com readme for more info.

I thought I had read that wrong to start with, surely people dont expect Xisto to just give away hosting & get nothing back in return?I wont repeat what the others have said, just add i've found posting on here extremely helpful (& I dont mean because it gives me hosting).Pretty much every problem/query i've had & posted has been answered, regardless of what it was about.If/when I leave Xisto I imagine I shall probably still return to the forums purely because of the helpful & knowlegable nature of most of the members.

I do not know how many times I have reiterate this on the forums, but there is no harm in doing so to enlighten 1 more member. We post for hosting because Xisto is getting no charge whatsoever from you to give you the best in hosting, mySQL, php, Fantastico, apache, CPanel ... etc exactly the same thing as paid hosting but only on a server whose uptime is not 100% like the other paid server. Right now the server hosting the free accounts is GAMMA, there are other servers such as ALPHA, BETA, DELTA, ETA ... etc which have not experienced any downtime from what I have seen. But what can we complain about? This is an excellent service Xisto is providing you. Do not see as posting in the forum a requirement. In the beginning when I started this hosting plan, I was like 'OMG, I have to come to this forum to post and make sure my credits do not fall below 0, this sucks' but as I got used to the forum in a day or 2. I realised that how enjoyable and fun this forum is, there are just so many things to talk about. While the primary focus is on IT-related stuff, there is also room for sports, entertainment, gaming, theories, relationships and even theories. So there is never a day whereby you will go by without having nothing to say. Plus, the people down here are great, 90% of the members post quality messages, and not just 1 liners. If there are 1 liners post, we will guide them onto doing the right thing and observe the forum rules which emphasizes quality over quantity anyday anytime. This forum is more of an intelligient discussion if anything, and you can really get a lot of answers here with regards to programming; the more experienced guys would be more than happy than to guide us. You can also share your knowledge with the rest of the forum members, you will be teaching something that they did not know. So with so many benefits and advantages, I don't see why you can bear not to come to Xisto everyday if not once a week?

I hope mayoman123 gets this, if not, he can find a "better" paid host somewhere else.

Xisto is the ONLY exit. (At least for me. :))

Thank you for being free.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Signing off on your posts is not allowed. Removed

Let's try to explain this in simple terms, assuming he's new to the internet. (Not meant to be offensive)Hosting requires servers, servers requires money to pay for. And that money comes out of the pockets of the owners of the servers. To get money for the servers, the owners either charge YOU money for it, OR put advertisements on every page of your site, thus earning them money, OR they put advertisements on their own site and find a way for you to visit it. By posting on the forum, you're meant to visit the forum, thus generating revenue for the owners.Note: I'm aware that Xisto wasn't meant to be making money off the people that visit the forum. But I'm pretty sure the ads ARE there to make some sort of money, right? :);

Making money for visiting something that gives you COOL benefits isn't bad for me, alright, it won't do any damage to yourself, and you would be helping the owner.And obviously ads are not placed for fun.So, yeah, OpaQue makes money, he gets happy, we all have our websites, databases, domain hosting, subdomains, and more stuff. A lot of it. >_>Xisto is still the only exit. :)