xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive

Possibility Of Recovering Files Just to be sure

Hi,this happens to everyone someday and now it's my turn. I have not been able to be active in the forums for the past few weeks, mainly due to time, and it will eventually get even worse. Besides, I can't just post in every topic pretending to know about the subject in discussion in order to only increase my credits.I believe that I may have to terminate my hosting account (already suspended with > -30 credits), and I just need to be sure if there would be any possibility of recovering the site/files hosted on the server, with the account currently suspended.Thank you.

I don't think I can. I have tried to login some days ago and I couldn't, and I tried right now with every combination I had. I'm pretty sure I haven't forgotten the password but, or I can't really login, or I have really forgotten the password. If that is the case, is there any way of password recovering or resetting?Thanks

Edited by Radioactive (see edit history)

to quote the Xisto Readme file:

If your posting rights are suspended because of spam or other violations, your account will be suspended when you reach 0 and terminated at -30 hosting credits. So it's important that you do not spam or use other peoples work. (If you are using your own work from another site, then you should state so in the post and include a link to the site and your username there. We do check to see if posts are copied from other sites so without that you may be accused of stealing your own work.)
If you lose your hosting and you come back and stay active you can PM an admin and have you account reset to 0 so you can start gaining hosting credits and then if you ask for hosting again it will be reinstated when you have enough hosting credits.

As far as I know, the files and account contents remain intact until the account reaches minus 30 credits and then they are purged from the system. (termination)
If your account went to minus 30 credits, assume they are gone.

Just a reminder that the back-up of a member's account files are the member's responsibility. The cpanel includes a backup script which can download your files and / or databases to your own computer in a "zipped" format. It is reccomended that member's do their back-ups on a regular schedule so as to not be diappointed due to the account suspension and termination or in case of a Server error. All Web space is subject to abuse by Hackers or errors or act of {MicroSoft} and Data should be stored "off-site" from the Server in case of an incident.

Okay, that's the lecture for today.

I do believe that my account had minus 31 credits when I checked earlier this week, and I knew something would happen when it reached -30 credits, or 30 days of inactivity, I wasn't sure.Anyway, don't bother with it anymore, as I have decided to terminate the hosting account. It will even free server resources and all :) .Thanks for your help.