xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Peer Pressure Bites

I have to say that,

well, in reality, you dont really need to say that.. because if you read the post and bout 4 other posts i made in here, ive said it doesn't bother me, and i dont cave into it... im not that popular at school and i could care less, not my fault i like rock and hang out with the rockers where no one else goes :)

Did you read my post? Honestly. Peer pressure isn't that big of a deal to put on a production about. That's what I said. I didn't say you caved into it, did I? Alright. Just checking you're actually seeing the same post I am. It was "hate", not "have". It could've been a typographical error, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, I'll now have to say while we're on the topic of peer pressure since nobody knows better. Back on the mark, it's far too often that I see people caving into peer pressure. No, this isn't your stereotypical after school special. They cave into what their friends want ALOT. I've seen people switch sports teams, hobbies, and music genres and that's only for starters. I really don't get why it's this giant undefeatable social force for many. Your friends like a different genre of music. So what?

Just to prevent people from spurting into their time of the month, I'll comment on the first post in here. ( I don't have enough mydol to hand out. )

It really doesn't sound much like peer pressure if a girl's involved, honestly. There's alot of deeper things, including how many of them were basically trying to pair you both together. Either way, it's not that important. Do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to. If it's up until your 16th birthday, not much you do at that stage socially will count in the long run. Not unless if you knock a person up, but that's another story. Either here or there, just go for it if you like her. Live while you're still alive. Life's not that long.

Edited by Kioku (see edit history)

It really doesn't sound much like peer pressure if a girl's involved, honestly. There's alot of deeper things, including how many of them were basically trying to pair you both together. Either way, it's not that important. Do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to. If it's up until your 16th birthday, not much you do at that stage socially will count in the long run. Not unless if you knock a person up, but that's another story. Either here or there, just go for it if you like her. Live while you're still alive. Life's not that long.

i dont want to argue, i just want to do this for the posting, but peer pressure is when obviouisly your peers pressure you to do somthing, or try somthing, and in this case a group of my peers are pressuring me to go out with a girl that i like and who likes me back. so anywho :)

and you have mydol? hehe jk

Why don't both of you just go to the dance, on your own not together? If you end up dancing, thats great, but because you go seperate if you both don't dance together, it wont be the end of the world. Its really the only advice i have for the situation, sorry. As for peer pressure just ignore them, because in my experience, when people work so hard to put two people together, theres something more than just wanting to see the two to be together, theres some evil plot going on in their heads.

lol, i think that even if we were to get together behind her dads back, we wouldn't tell anyone at school mainly because she has some snitch friends :Plol but even if it is a dance... A) i dont dance B_ i dont know how to dance C) i dont dance :) lol