xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Rotten

What's The Point In It?

Howdy everybody, I hope this isn't anothe rpost in the wrong place or anything.What is the point in this Google Earth?I can;t see any logic in it.Why don't you just get a map out or even better a Globe?

because google earth can show you the different buildings, so instead of looking at a map, and looking at somthin inporportinate (spelling) to what the real thing is, you can look at somthing that is actually real... so if you were to give instructions to a wife who was going to someones house for a job interview, you could say"Ok, your on alhambra, turn left on franklin blvd then turn into the second court going in on your left, and once you get in, on the left side, count down 4 houses and hers is the 5th house.."i think thats allot better and easier than looking at somthing that was just drawn up :)

GOogle Earth is like a huge real picture. In a globe or a map you dont actually see the buildings, all you see is roads and lines. Besides, not everybody has a globe. I bet that there are more people that have a computer than those that have a globe.

Yeah, i don't have globe. i think the point of Google Earth is just that it's new, and new things always have potential to develop into things you can't even imagine living without. Maybe there will come a time, when a point for Google Earth is found, until then, i guess it just looks cool.

Dad works in engineering, so if he goes on a site visit, and forgets to measure something, as long as he knows a dimension of something visible in that area, he can do the measurement. It saves him quite abit of time, but it does only work in areas where the detail is high.