xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

I Can't Access My Forum. Please Help SMF Forum error

When I tried access my site , the following words appeared :

Can't open file: 'smf_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

How can I fix it ? Please help me , thank you. You can try to access my site to check that problem by clicking here . The site can't open file is caused by server down , right ? Thank you.

NOTE : Sorry but the topic title I made is WRONG , I meant CAN'T access (NOT can)

Notice from jlhaslip:
editted topic title and added topic description.

Members can edit their own topic titles, too.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I don't have the exact answer but did you install it manually or through fantastico in your control panel? Well it could be you deleted something so you can just try to find whats missing and replace it. You can try to uninstall it and them re install it. But like I said i'm not entirely sure

Yes, that is a SMF Forum error report, so there is a problem with the install there.Try the method reccomended above.There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the Host.

Your database is corrupt and you must repair your database. If you are unfamiliar with restoration of your database (you should have made a backup, always) or repair process the easiest way is to delete the database, uninstall the script and start from the beginning.Have you installed any language package for your SMF? Have you made an upgrade recently? Sometimes these would lead to crash in database itself. On an occasion if your SMF was older version it might have been someone crashing your SMF database from outside.PS when it's not working why do you assume that it's the server? :)

I tried to use Repair_settings.php downloaded from Simple Mechines Community but it didn't help me. Is there any way to fix or create another forum but still keep all topics and posts (Note : The last time I tried access my forum was yesterday and then I didn't do anything in cPanel , then today I can't access it anymore). Please help , thank you very much :P

PS when it's not working why do you assume that it's the server? :)

Sorry because I thought that was because server was down at that time so I may be able to try later :P

My SMF hasn't crashed yet (knock on wood...or my head) so I'm not sure if you can save your damaged database.Your forum script is fine. It's when your forum script calls for SMF database and it's not returning the expected value, you're seeing the error message.And I'm not an expert on database and its structures. Therefore from my point of view you probably have lost the integrity of the database and which means it's *poof* gone. You can still access your raw data by phpmyadmin and see the stored data, but in order to save it you'll need to export to your hard drive and insert previous data (in this case topics and posts) manually to your new database.Again, I'm not sure if that is the procedure which database should be restored. I think other members who are proficient with database reconstruction would be able to help you out on this one.I think I remember PMing you to upgrade from 1.0.8 to 1.1 RC3. Was it? The reason I'm saying that is because 1.0.8 was known to have security holes...

found your answer so do the following

-execute this in the sql part repair table smf_sessions;

if that doesn't work try this

go into phpmyadmin select all tables in your database structure and then select repair from the dropdown list at the bottom.

if that doesn't work try ths guide fro mthe same site

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If that don't work the admin can repair through WHM

found your answer so do the following

-execute this in the sql part repair table smf_sessions;

if that doesn't work try this

go into phpmyadmin select all tables in your database structure and then select repair from the dropdown list at the bottom.

if that doesn't work try ths guide fro mthe same site

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If that don't work the admin can repair through WHM

Thank you for your help , it is back to normal now so can you close this thread for good ? Thank you very much

To BuffaloHELP : Sorry for not upgrading to 1.1 RC 3 and giving all of you a lot of questions , the reason that I didn't upgrade because it is still a Beta-Testing version so it may contains bugs (I installed it before and the Links BB Code crashed). Sorry :)

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

Problem solved. Im surprise one of those methods work besides the admin one because the posts that i saw with most of these people where having problems with, but I think it was due to inexperience to that board.Topic Closed.