xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Early Graduation

Ok, well i have a friend who is a junior in high school and he said that he will be graduating early because he would be taking a somthing called a 0 period and 7th period. 0 period is before first period, and 7th period is obviously after 6th period.so my ideal is, to start doing this 0 and 7th period thing like in the middle of the year this year or starting next year, and if i were to do that i would get to graduate early/would you think this is a good ideal, or a bad ideal?i am allready going to be taking college classes starting next year (my junior year) during the night time, and that will go into my senior year, and so on, so... well i was just thinking that if i were to get to graduate early, i could take day time classes at the college in my senior year in high school as well as night time classes.so do you think that its a good ideal to graduate early, or not so good?

I don't know why this would be a bad idea. I didn't graduate high school though. I got my GED at 16 and went on to college the same year as i would have been starting 11th grade. because i thought high school was a waste of my time. So i say hell, go for it. I think it's a great idea. Plus you could start on a job or even college!

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

If you are ready for college then yes, go for it. The last couple of years of high school would just be a waste of your time as pertaining to career goals. However, if you think you will look back one day and miss all the "fun" stuff seniors get to do...but that is a decision only you can make.Personally, I think I was wasting my time during my senior year but back in the early 80's college for high schoolers was very rare.Anyway, I say go for it. Sounds like you have a game plan and are ready to get on with your life and quit playing around in the kiddie pool.Good Luck.

If you can handle the extra work I would highly suggest going for it. There was a 3 year graduate system at the high school I was going to go to where instead of electives you took extra english, math, or science classes or whatever was needed in your senior year. Instead I took on the program in which I take college classes in my high school career so right now in 10th grade I take one college class and all 11th grade classes other than the history college class. Next year I believe I take 3 more college classes or more and then 6 senior year so I can skip up to 2 years of high school if I pass all the tests. I think if you have the organization skills and aspiration to do it then go for it.

Yeah, there isn't a lot wrong with it. As long as the college will still accept you without being in high school for your senior year. Not quite sure how all this stuff would work, but you seem to have it figured it. Just don't make it so you look back 10 years from now and say, "Darn, I should of done that."

Graduating early will give you more time to do what you want in life, but wouldn't it involve a lot of work as well? Graduating a year early is cool, but if you're 10 when you graduate high school (like some smart kids out there!), that's kinda crazy o.o

If this is something you have thought out and feel would be something you could handle I say go for it. Highschool can be quite a drag sometimes. You've got my support. Hope it works out well for you.

lol thanks for you input triple... (stil say you need a smaller name j.k :P)yeah, im still debating on doing it or not, it would make next year a really tough year! 9 hours of school a day is a little bit to handle... and that could be 9 periods of homework a day but i could handel that.as for things like senior privledges, i think i would miss them, but i also think i can live without them, i mean it would be fun. but in a way its just not really somthin that is necissary for me to feel completley educated, and its not like seniors get many privledges at my school anyways :) thanx for all your input everyone!

heres my view on thisI will have enough credits by the end of this year i belive to graduate a year early. I took a 7th period my fresh and soph years and this year im taking 2 7th period classes due to the fact that one class is on monday/wensday/friday and the other is on tuesday and thursday.But on the other note graduating a year early could do a few things but they can be easily solved. 1. You will be 1 of the few under 18 people in the college2. Your friends will still be at the highschool so that will seperate you a little bit but that can be overcome by hanging out with them after3. If your in special classes such as band and stuff it can screw your up there because you can get more experience and get into a higher college level class of that.and theres a few more but i cant name them all...Anyways if you dont mind about those small things id say do it and go to college (it also costs more money) just have fun is all i can say

hmm, im not in any special programs except buisness academy, and even a year of that will look awsome on a college application, and that is a three year commitment... well maybe i shouldn't miss the last year on that, hmm i think that i would be able to come to school like maybe half a day, or maybe a couple of periods and leave after those classes are done, and drive/travel to the college... hmm good point... or i coud just miss out o that final year of buisness academy and just not worry about it. thanks for your input td