xisto Community
jasonsuzuki

Free Download:vista

Despite the much talked about hype on Vista, I am not going to take the risk. I will most probably stick with Windows XP or switch to MAC. If I am ever going to try Vista, I would wait 2-3 years after its release so that there are less usual screw ups by Microsoft.

This is the transformation pack, you'll still be using Windows XP, it change the way you look at your Windows XP and makes it feel like Vista... It looks pretty cool and you feel just like having Vista... But I doubt I'll go for it since I prefer having a "real" operating system...

That thing is Window Vista , right ? I don't like it , I like Window XP more because I heard from my friend who is currently using Window Vista said that it really slow , a normal Window XP Computer takes a time to start about 20 seconds but Window Vista more than 1 minute (That is just exemple , I don't exactly remember) so I still use Window XP :)

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

That thing is Window Vista , right ? I don't like it , I like Window XP more because I heard from my friend who is currently using Window Vista said that it really slow , a normal Window XP Computer takes a time to start about 20 seconds but Window Vista more than 1 minute (That is just exemple , I don't exactly remember) so I still use Window XP :)

The reason why Vista is slower on his machine is Vista will require a beefier computer. It will take more power to run it. The same holds true for Windows XP. It will not fun on a machine that could run Windows 3.1. The hardware requirements are different. I tested a copy of Vista and it was nice. Not sure I will buy it when it comes out but it has its good points and bad.

One of the bad is the constant popups asking "Are you sure you want to do this?" It is extremely security conscience.

Also, the copy I had did not support all of my hardware so I decided to take it off of my computer.

Recently I bought a pc magazine and I came across an article that

introduced the VISTA TRANSFORMATION PACK,version 5.5

Of course I already downloaded and installed it,and the interface is really

beautiful..Here is one of the images..Somekind like a glass and has transparency

Look at his post, this topic is about Vista Transformation Pack, which is use to transform Windows XP operating system to look and feel like Windows Vista...

And in order to run Vista at the best you have to have 1GB of RAM and other important driver... Check out the Vista homepage and find out the required processor to perform the best out of Vista... Its best that your computer has the "Vista Capable" sticker on it... :)

Edited by hype (see edit history)

hi , windows VISTA has really beautiful interface . but this (beautiful interface) make CPU and RAM Full !Oh my good i have P2 Laptop with 128Mb ram how can install windows on this laotop ?its really bad :)

Hi , "VISTA" has really beautiful.When is beng publicate am gona instal it to my mashine.... I had AMD Atlon XP 2000+ with 768 mb ram and graphic adapter with 128mb ram... is my mashine slow for Visa ? :)

Recently I bought a pc magazine and I came across an article thatintroduced the VISTA TRANSFORMATION PACK,version 5.5
Of course I already downloaded and installed it,and the interface is really
beautiful..Here is one of the images..Somekind like a glass and has transparency

Hi, every body seems talk about the Windows Vista GUI. Like somebody told, Vista needs a huge run RAM to run smoothly.

But since I Instal Ubuntu Linux, I start to leave Windows. Ubuntu really has beautiful skin and is easyly customizeable. If I wanna run Windows Program I just run the Windows Emulator (Wine) and bingo!, you run Windows Program Without Windows!!. :)

now there are several Vista theme available on the net. Just search for "Windows Vista themes for WindowBlinds" in google you'll get a huge list. Select the one you like and try it.

That is a pack that merely changes the look and feel of XP; its not Vista itself. Vista is far too flashy with not much speed and versatility. Personally, I'm not very impressed by bright colors and transparency; when I use my computer, its usually not to watch the pretty graphics of...the os, but to run programs and get things done. With its incredibly slow speed, high system requirements, and poorly thought out security system, I find it highly inefficient and unnecessarily cumbersome to do things that are actually useful. Microsoft thinks its some kind of art contest, and that is one of their major mistakes.

I installed vista with the same computer that I run windows xp with, and I compared clean installs and to my surprise windows vista was faster..... well actually it was the same thing, a difference in speed wasnt really noticable. I only say vista is faster because it runs and the same speed that xp runs or maybe a little bit slower but for everything it has such as the graphics and effects, the little preview of the windows, etc.. It is worth it. It runs smoothly with all the new things.

I would also rather wait 2 years before buying it, just like I did with xp, that is reason why I have never complained about xp. When I got it it has worked fine, I havent even had to format my pc!