xisto Community
cgrim29588

How Many Of You Have A Job?

I'm a mental health tech part time and I go to IU full time with a major in psychology and a minor in philosophy.

lucky dogs making 15 an hour, what/who are you working for... wish i made that much in my first job..
my first job was working at my Jr High school during the summer fixing computers, and fax machines, and copiers that the ignorant teachers broke.. and i was only making minimum wage for california which is 6.75 i wanna move to washington where minimum wage is 7.50 or somwhere around that...

but when i get done with college, i wont have to worry about min wage, just the 40-50 an hour i will be making, then on the side maybe graphics and a hosting company :D but i must plan for that.

A+ Certified technician in best buy. GeekSquad.com for more info??

They pay for gas for the geeksquad car they lend out and stuff.

Nope, and i've never had one :DExcept one weeks (Only did one week, was ill the first week) work experience...Although I've handed my CV into a gadget shop called Red5...So I'll hopefully get that :D

Currently I ama student.I work part time In retail at 6.75 an hour. Currently lookng for a part time job as a vet assistant.

I'm 20 (going on 21) and I just now got my first real job. I work at a small store that also makes homemade pizza, subs, and many other foods, sells basic groceries and convinience items, and even has gas. It was just built a few years ago, and my mom used to work there under the old owners. The new owners are pretty awesome, best of all, it's right across the street from my house, and since I don't have a license (so sad) and everything else is at least 5 miles away (I live in the woods) it's even better!I did have a good job at a private school up the road, making 8.50 an hour starting out (Which is good money for around here) when I was 19, but I became sick and had to quit after two days, so that doesn't really count. I also do on-the-side jobs for cash, I work for a woman I've known for years doing graphic design related work, and right now I'm painting a window for a fall celebration our tiny town has every year. Hopefully, I can start saving up enough money to get myself ready for college... a car, apartment, whatever.

I'm a student too.....and have a job, but I don't consider it to be a "real" job. I basically work 7 hours on the weekend sitting in a gym checking ID's of other students. It's pretty easy and I don't really do much but read and do homework. Of course this is only when i'm at school. Over the summer and long breaks I do work regularly. I used to work for Quizno's (the sub place) and that was a really fun job. Recently i've been working for my local town tho. I got in because my mom works there and it's pretty easy.

I'm 38 in a few days and at my last job I was a "Cell Tech III" and I ended the job as a "Field Engineer". The company provided me with a Rental SUV plus gas, paid my cell phone bill, provided me with a Dell laptop, and paid me $700 per week for living expenses since I was working out of town (tax-free). I made $23/hour when I started but got it raised up a couple months later to $25 or $1000/week before overtime and tax. The job only lasted ten months but it was good while it lasted and some more work should come my way before too much longer. I'm a Telecommunications technician for the wireless sector and work for a contractor. 2/3 of the job is just driving to the next cell site and waiting on other people.

I don't have a job. :P I've tried applying, but the biggest problem is that I can't find a list of people that they can "talk to" about me. (What's that list called again?) Since the list has one person, they might think that no one trusts me, or that I've just come out of jail. Not only that, I can't find a place that will hire a student. I really do need a job now! Bills are ourtageously high in Florida. Why wont anyone hire a high school student? :(

You guys (gals) are making $15.00 per hour for your first jobs?My first job was at 85 cents per hour. Yes. I am that old...

85 cents was before my time but I do remember starting my first job for 5.00hr which was minimum wage..lol

back on topic
yep I have a job

I'm 25, full-time student (taking this semester off to have major dental work done, though). I'm a freelance writer, so I basically sit on my butt in front of my computer. Heh. Love it.My salary? Ehh...I really couldn't say. It varies depending on a lot of factors.

Yes i do have a job actually 2 jobs. I'm a graphics Artist for Professional Advertising Agency publishers of the Barnacle Newspaper: http://www.barnaclegrenada.com/
and I'm a DJ also. I work on a radio station and play in lots of Big shows and parties.Added to that i do pj (personal jobs too) my website is http://www.imagelabdesign.com/
Presently i study at the St. George's University in the evenings did intro to marketing already and doin micro econ and business communications now.