xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy354

My Computer Is Broken... dam it...

My computer just stopped working last Sunday :D I'll explain how and maybe someone know how to fix...:DSo... It was Sunday, my brother went to MediaMarkt to buy a wireless internet router and a wireless receiver for my desktop as it didn't had any, and my mother is always complaining about the wires all over the house... but to don't have any wires arround the house I must have the modem upstairs (2nd floor, 3rd in america lol), and if I have the modem upstairs I recieve the internet at half speed... So, my brother bought it and he added it to the computer and when we started the computer and it gave a error saying that there were something damaged in the computer... He removed it, then started the computer and it didn't start up... it was always in the loading screen... We waited a few hours and nothing... I don't know if it matters, but he used a magnetic screw driver... so anyone have an idea?I'm just so pissed off as I was learning PHP to help a friend with a site and know I have to stop... :D

IU dont think the screw driver would cause damage unless he held it by any of the components for a long time, one possiblity is a static charge from your brother hitting a component and damaging it. I think the best thing is to take it somewhere and ask whats wrong with it and if they can fix it for you.

On booting up your computer just keep pressing the F8 if successful then you will get a menu and then select safe mode in that list you should be able to get in since only minimum files are used to run the computer.And no that screw driver didn't do anything. You need a powerful magnet to do any serious damage to your computer. Something that small won't do anything.But if you do not get that command prompt i suggest you go to a computer tech and maybe he could figure it out.Also with your computer off take the cover off of the computer and see if anything is disconnected in their. Sometimes a wire could be pulled out by accident.

Don't really know what happen but, he was adding a wireless network card to the computer? The reason it coudn't work could be because of the BIOS (Basic input output system) Setup. If that's the case you would need to re-configure it which is very dangerous, could screw up your computer and not be able to fix it again. This happens when adding a new hardware. If you are unsure to add/fix it yourself, i suggest taking it to your local store or a place that repairs computers. If you weren't adding new hardware, this shoudn't of happen. If your computer is broken are you using a different one? Danny.

Edited by Danny (see edit history)

Like an earlier post stated, open your case, remove and reinsert your cards and memory. Sometimes something will come loose whenever you open the case. You should not have to enter the bios from just adding a card.Also, knowing what OS you're using could help others help you better.

As shadowx said above, maybe your brother touch some circuit of the motherboard or something like that without discharge himself.For me that sound like the most login reason, motherboards seems like do a semi-boot when that happens.

first, remove everything, except for your RAM and boot-up your computer. If that doesn't work, then it could either be your ram, motherboard, or cpu.. but if everything works fine, turn it off, and plug in your IDE cable (cable to your drives: hard drives, cd drives). But from what you said, it's possbily that your motherboard is broken.

And again, the old Windows XP can't boot because of broken file!!!Yhat is multitasking, on or off! When the computer is on you are using Windows and cry, and when it's off, you are happy not using it, and chillin' out!!!