xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowSpy

Arghh..i Shouldn't Even Be Here! Procrastination

I always have a problem with procrastination...especially if an essay is due.I can never focus when it comes to just sitting in front of a computer and coming with something to type...I get down a paragraph or two, then I suddenly check my e-mail or the latest site. And suddenly, I'm playing a game or posting on a forum.I have a real problem with focusing and I guess I just need to force myself to concentrate. Or at least, avoid surfing the web.This procrastinating is interfering with my sleep and with the rest of my life. If I got all my homework done without waiting so long, I could be off doing other things....I hope I get enough sleep tonight.

It's exactly the same for me too. It's interrupting my school life so much. i think i might have mild ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). If you wanna learn more about ADD, or anything in general, i find it's best to search the bbc (British Broadcasting Corporation) website, as the info is very reliable. and for the lazy people....... a link! (i could only find a link to ADHD, which is the same, but with hyperness).......... Right Here!

A lot of people have trouble with procrastinating. I do, in fact I am putting off history homework right now. You trick your mind to think that you can put it off for a little bit longer because you have all this time to do it especaily when you are ahead and then you sort of lose track of time or continue to put it off. You sort of have to train yourself to do it as soon as it's assigned and you will feel better later when you have the spare time and don't have to worry about doing it. The problem is the training.

Shadow... I think thats just anxiety.It happens to me a lot and as i can see it happens to many other people too.. but what i do is do something that i havent done in pc for a while and there comes my entertaiment :D for example Graphics, when i came to this forum and saw the tutorials, it made me feel like damn.. i want to do this..about the web, i do same things as you, i dont know what else to do on it sometimes...try something new...

I have very little anxiety and yet I procrastinate as well. It's not a bad thing unless you don't get things finished. As I type my Algebra homework is lying in my back pack due the next Gold day and I'm typing this. As long as you get things done, unlike me, you can actually use it to your advantage when you have more time for fun and a very less stressed.

I'm sure that we've all procrastinated in some form or fashion at some point in our lives. I think that the reason we procrastinate is because there is always something "better" to do... a "better" place to be at... a "better" way to spend your time than to focus on a particular task at hand... Here's a tip that works for me. Whenever I procrastinate, I always end up regretting it. To avoid this ill-feeling of disappointment, regret, self-pity, I try my best to focus on "getting the job done". Although I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I've shifted my end-goals a bit ever since I began university two years ago: The focus should be to "finish the task" first and then when there is time left over, to refine and perfect the end-product. And it is during this time that we can afford to procrastinate a little.