xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Myspace.com Flash Hack account hijacked worm and solution

Well buffaloHELP just mention and I have confirmed it by many articles myspace accounts have been hacked or in hte sense that if your account was hijacked then anyone viewing your profile will also get infected as well.

In a article by chaseandsam.com go into detail on how this happen and a solution to it as well

Click here for more

---WARNING---

Also this hack is also a virus in which a person who is viewing your hacked profile will get their profile hijacked as well.

Also Symantec mentions about it as well

Nortan

How it was done

---SOLUTION---

ALSO YOU NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR FLASH PLAYER TO #9 as well

The solution is rather simple: Go to your home page, and click on edit profile, remove the line below (and only the line below) from your About Me section: (I added some "f's" to the code so it won't work here)

fembed ffallowscriptaccess="fnever"  
/albums/mff225/yrkblack/redirecft.swf"
BY SPAIRLKAIFS

It's possible that the line above will be the only line you see - in that case, remove it all, and be sad if you had a custom template installed, because chances are you will have to re-install it.

If you see nothing in your About Me section, chances are you have a non-Myspace custom template. You will need to click on the link that says "Safe edit mode" in the top right corner of the edit screen. You should be able to edit your About Me section at that point. If, for some reason, when you click that button you are taken to a screen that deals with your Myspace groups and says something like, "you have no groups to moderate", then you will need to change the address in the Url box (at the top of your browser). It probably ends with this: fuseaction=groups.safemode, and you will need to change it to read: fuseaction=profile.safemode and then hit enter. From there, you should be able to remove the offending line of code from your account. Best not to do too much viewing of other people's accounts until Myspace fixes this problem. Please comment here if this has helped you or if it doesn't work, and feel free to browse the rest of our site!

also if you have a custom template you might have to reinstall it as well. As mention in the article as well.

If anyone still has questions go ahead and post him and we will try to answer them ASAP.

My account was never "infected" so to speak... but two of my friends' profiles were redirected to some weird site.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Oddly enough that this issue has been around since November, 2005 at the least. Before I resolved their redirect script I cleared my cache and then clicked on the "infected" profile. As soon as the profile was loaded enough for me to click on "BLOCK USER" I pressed the STOP button (browser menu button/icon).

I then blocked the user.

This wasn't really interested me until someone made a comment on my profile using the above similar method. And so I began to search the web for all its code meanings... and that's how I came across it.

Thank goodness I disabled all HTML codes from my profile. (Your account settings > profile settings, and disable from it all).

That just goes to show you: never take anything in default mode :D never let a rogue code ruin your day.

i have a myspace account ive had it since i was 15 i used it for 2 weeks then gave up so i dot really care if my account gets hacked there is not much there anaway. I think myspace is a waste of time but i have to say its so much better than Bebo

Well I think different people use myspace for different reasons, my opinion is very negative, BUT since sooo many of my friends are freekin using it well I joined ..now i can say that MySpace is one of the worst designed websites in the world, despite the fact that they are probally making millions and millions from sponsors the sight design and service is horrible, its a hackers paradise but well its free .. if I was paying a single dollar for a service like that ..I would be pissed but I'm not so I have no complaints.

Yep I've seen that. I actually read the tutorial on how to do it. It seems interesting but it's something that you've got to watch out for. If you think something was wrong somewhere change your password as soon as possible, or your MySpace will be screwed for no apparent reason other than to please some idiot.

Good thing I havent been on myspace for a while. I dont have much on it though. What I did find interesting is how this has been discovered since july according to the page that explains how flash and ajax based worm works.

It's sorta weird that a flash file can make someone else's account also hacked. There's too many script exploiters out there... why do it?I don't really like or use myspace since it's full of ads. I rather install my own blog on my site :)

i dont like myspace. its not good. i've heard that people have been kidnapped. they can find your info from your account and they kidnapp you. i dont know if it is true, but i will never create an account there.

I use Myspace a lot as a way to make new friends and keep in contact with friends who live a long distance away from me. I think these people who do this is extremely selfish and very sad. Why make a mess of a good and useful website?The only people I dislike in this world is people who break the law. And hackers is one of them. Why do this? What is the point? I think these people should be taken to court by Myspace's legal reps.This is my opinion on things. May not be yours, and I accept all opinions on things.Have a great day!-Tom

Well this is one of the reasons that I prefer /?_fb_noscript=1 instead of myspace. Myspace is "too" customizable, and I don't see how putting 20 youtube videos on one page, and have like 3 background music playing with huge 5mb background images are even ethical. Myspace is some conspiracy to kill the user's computer... Facebook is much more organized, concise simple, and "Web 2.0" :P

the one better thing that facebook has compared to myspace is that is is easier to find friends and people you know. I personally like both. But i prefer myspace because it is a lot more customizable. I like the fact you can put music and videos compared to facebook where everyones profiles look the same.