xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Favor From Admin/mod Needed

When a Moderator reviews a posting, the only difference is that they can "edit"posts which are not theirs. There is no difference to the posting page other than that. If you select to edit your own posting, that is exactly what a Moderator sees.There are additional sections (for example via pull-down menus) on each and every page of the Forum which Mods see, though. From the pull-down menu the Mods can move or close topics and posts, etc. It really isn't a big deal. Other than the ability to edit posts which are not theirs, there is very little difference between the regular user's screen and a Moderator's.

Mjay06 good news for you. If you want to see what it's like to be an admin or moderator of this message board you can login as an admin in the Invision Power Boards live version. You just click on the following link I am posting here....https://invisionpower.com/features/apps
click on either link in there and you can login and see what it's like to be a moderator or admin of these power boards live demo versions. :D The username in all the live demo versions you see in there are Admin and the password in there is password unless someone logged in as an admin and changed the password. But don't worry the live demo versions reset themselves after a certain amount of time displayed on the versions before you click on them. Like in the following example.Demo Install One (refreshes each hour at :00) <-----Every hour on the hour.Demo Install Two (refreshes each hour at :20) <-----after 20 minutes after the hour.Demo Install Three (refreshes each hour at :40) <---- And same thing like the others but it resets 40 minutes after each hour.So if you can't login using password as a password just wait for a bit for the live demo versions to reset themselves. Then just login and have fun experimenting and see what the admins and Moderators in here see on a daily basis.Except in the demo versions they don't have the Note features or the hidden feature thing that this board has. If you want to know how to use the note features the admins and moderators use in here. Just as a moderator or admin in here they know where to get the note feature. :D

Edited by LeAnn Rimes My Angel (see edit history)

One more request to andmins/moderators.I want to know how you can found out that a particular post has been taken from so-and-so website. Are you using any software or what.

Are you using any software or what.

I can't speak for all the mods, but I use some software to assist me, yes. It is a privately coded plagarism checker which is not available on the net and which I can not share with others. (trade secrets)