xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Microsoft Employee's Use Firefox heres the proof

well a bit offtopic:first of all, you`ve got malware... a lot for IE , less for FFthen: FF respects the wc3 xhtml standards, IE doesn't (a disaster especially when interpreting CSS) .. I am quite of a webdeveloper (just a young, little one :P:)) )...and I know what I`m talking about...then: some features that IE 6 doesn't have, and FF does (not everyone has IE 7, you know, to benefit those new features)..and beside, the FF extensions are extraordinary..you just add what functionality you need for your browser..no crap, no nothing beside your needs..my conclusion: FF is the best browser.... probably MS employees figured that out :P)IE has to come with something new, something better than FF..and that's quite hard B)

Actually, the pictures change with whatever browser you are using. It's to simplify matters and lessen confusion. Like a previous user stated, if the site was viewed in Internet Explorer, the images would also appear in Internet Explorer. Conversely, if a user visits the site using the now obscure browser, Netscape, the images would then reflect the change. It's like taking the browser check script to the next level.

There are many topics on there forums about which internet browser is the best; whether it be Opera, Firefox or Internet Explorer.I can't see a reason why internet explorer is as bad as people make out. As long as all the security patches from Microsoft are installed, then the computer is immune as much as it can be.As said previously on this topic, the only reason spyware, adware and viruses etc are found to be more on internet explorer than some of the other internet browsers, is due to the fact that internet explorer is the default browser installed on everyone's computer. If this changed and the new default browser was to be Opera, Firefox or some other internet browser, then I'm sure internet explorer would be a good browser, it would be the default browser that got the spyware and other harmful files.I guess at the end of the day, it's down to the user which internet browser they would like to use. If this thread is true, stating that Microsoft seem to like firefox (which is most likely true), maybe they're just using firefox as a guide to help them with their production on their internet explorer browser :).I guess we'll never get to find out if the employees use/like firefox or not, because I doubt they'll want to admit that they don't use their company's software!

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

Internet Explorer is not bad at all.This is almost like the Mac vs. PC battle. The Mac seems more stable because it gets less viruses, but the only reason is because hackers usually create viruses for the most widely uses software, so that more people will be affected, and that happens to be the PC and IE. When/If FF becomes the browser used by the majority of people, it will be hit by alot more viruses and IE will look safer by comparison.

Well theres no harm in using the best browser.see mac have outlook express from microsoft.so no doubt the best browser is firefox .I have used opera Ie Firefox and out of these i find firefox as one of the best browsers from them.Well most of us use windows operating system the browsers may change however they all work on windows platform.so we should take the best and leave the rest.

Why do you people always compare safety with whether something is known (famous) or not?Firefox ALWAYS asks me, if I want to install somehting, or not, and it NEVER EVER does anything on it's own, aside from checking for updates (and even that can be turned off)...IE on the other hand, will install whatever it likes, and there are like millions of little holes you can punch a bigger hole through them... Firefox was "ported" to windows, from Mozilla, a browser made for Unix systems... Unix is built for networks, and accent was on security... Therefore, it's built more secure... I don't see why people refuse to accept, that Firefox is safer, and much more functional, than IE... I was once IE fan, and claimed that Firefox is nothing more, than rebelion, and it in fact wasn't better than IE... I rarely caught any ciruses or adware with IE, but there was some, occasionaly... Then, I tried Firefox... And now there isn't ANY adware or viruses, that appear on my computer from nowhere...Firefox is safer, wheter some like it or not... And it's gaining in support every day,more and more... And hopefully, it will push IE where it belongs, in the gutter :lol:

This is one of the more funny posts I�ve seen kicking about, I have been using IE7 since it came out and abandoned FF as IE7 has a larger area for displaying pages but when I first started using it boy was it crap, all sorts of invading spyware and adware was getting in and randomly installing. Did my head in, was after a fresh OS installation as well so you can image my anger at that point. I use McAfee Total Protection 2007 and have never had problems since, non what so ever.Now I get the occasional message pop up from McAfee telling me its killed some programme, NICE�Everyone should get it who has IE