xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chatz

4 Different Types Of Love

actually..3 types according to the Bible

I remember hearing a sermon about the different types of love found in the Bible: agape- caring love that only God has, this is the unconditional love; phileo- love you have for God or others; and eros- which the English word comes from erotic pertaining to sex. Hope you find this useful.

-reply by Joanne

Best friends?

I have this best friend. We are so comfortable together and can lift each other out of any depressing situation. He inspire me so much. There is some kind of mystery in our friendship though. After 11 years of being just friends I totally fell inlove with him. He also use to have a crush on me. Unfortunately he'll be tying the knot soon with someone else. Do you have any advice on this issue

-question by Luchay

Best Friend Love.

Replying to iGuest

Dear Luchay, (iguest)

If best friends are what you are and nothing more, then love between you two should never occur. However if you feel as if you have true feelings for him, then I say tell him how you feel. I believe if you weren't at all physically attracted to him at first then it might as well be love.

Don't mind clearing confusion if any.

-reply by Benjamin

I have read all of the loves, but kind of love would you call it when you are with someone more then 3 yrs, and the child is not his but your friends would like for you to go for a walk and your partner will not watch the chil that he does not own and the only way you get to go anywhere is to get a babysitter? What to you!

Unconditional love

I think that I understand where your coming from but I'm not sure I agree with how you have defined your views on types of love; especially unconditional love. Because unconditional means that there is nothing that can be done that will change the way you feel for that person. They can kill, rape, burn, scream, hit, drink, etc... And you'll still love them. I don't think that being with your "true love" is unconditional love... The general population will stop loving the moment that some self gradification stops coming into play. Most people don't truely know how to love, they love shallow, which is why there are split ups and fights. If people truely loved someone unconditionally then everything you do will be to gratify the person you love, your every word will be to left them up, your every action will be to make them happy or will be to serve some want of theirs... Meanwhile you are not expecting anything not even love in return... Not many people can love to such a level. People think of love and picture flowers and smiles, running along the beach, holding hands, people think of love and actually all they think about is being

Loved, they don't realize that true love, uncondional love is work... And can sometimes be hard work. You devote your entire life to making that person know that they are loved by you. Love isn't always a romantic thing... Love is often a decision to make at the start of each day, often thrughout the day you have to decide to love them..

(Xisto thanks Evy for this wonderful post)

i love being in love do you?4 Different Types Of Love

being in love is great especially if you love eachother so much that you want to have fun together or even spend time together on your own I am going out with someone and we love eachother so bad and we phone and text eachother every night and the messages my boyfriend sends me are so beautiful he knows when I am feeling down and he knows when to cheer me up I am glad that I am going out with him because I feel safe with him and he feels safe me that;s all I have to say until later please read and comment later xx. Stephxx

stephanie c

Dear friend of mine you are right in saying that unconditional love is the perfect one and I think everybody will be accepting this without any conditions. :P And what I think only mothers love with her child is the most unconditional love which is devine. Rest I think for every love some conditions are being related with in different writings and sayings. So it was a good title dear friend.?

Replying to Chatz

"I have a theory that you can not truely be best friends with a member of the opposite sex. Down the line romance will always come up from either party and feelings will be misinterpreted and mistaken."While it is valid in concept you are forgetting that either or both parties may *person*-, bi-, pan-, or pomosexual. This means the reason they are to be same sex is then contradicting because the dilemma(sp?) that was to be avoided is created. In the case of bi-, pan-, and pomosexuals: there is no way to properly correct this.Now that this is factored in, I believe it is more accurate to state: friendship love is simply a type of love that may, or may not, evolve into romantic love.-

reply by Valen Banpaia

Love.......4 Different Types Of Love

Love is a truly beatiful thing. But I don't believe that the best of love is found in 'love at first sight' or in the ongoing boyfriend-girlfriend cycles. 

The best of love is in marriage. And I am waiting patiently for that time of mine. At the moment I can manage with the love I get from all those around me. Just one more heart to fill my heart with love, I can't wait for that moment but I can. That one heart will fill my heart like none ever filled it before this... :)

The next best is the mother's love... Unconditional.. Though some really forget this and are so ungrateful.

I still do believe the standards of what the Bible states about the matter.But, in this modern world we have today, only a few would survive, and some even end up unmarried due to the perfectness of the standard.If in a circumstance that someone you like turns out to be an imperfect one, I think, the best thing to do now is to meet and totally understand the word "ACCEPTANCE", accompanied by the word "HOLISTIC" to the extent of respecting each others limitations... Because if this happens, there and then, you can testify that you are fully satisfied of the person you chose to be with for the rest of your life!That's how love is for me?(^_^)How do you call that?-reply by janna mae palma pelisco

Mix n4 Different Types Of Love

I think that the four types of love under discussion serve to define the majority of the emotions that we may come to feel for an individual; and that our way of seeing a significant other of any nature could easily be placed under one of these four categories. However, on a similar vein to what someone said earlier: there can always be exceptions. At the same time, I must make a distinction between an exception to all four types of love and what could be a combination of several. For example, I believe that while most relationships begin within the boundaries of Eros (that is, romantic, passionate or lusty love), with time-- and if the two people are right for each other-- the relationship can deviate into the realms of Philia (love between friends; between people who share common interests and views). That love can be a thousand times stronger than Eros, which can often be rash and dehabilitating, if not kept in check. The best part about Philia for me, is that I believe you can have it with a person and still be insanely "in love" with them (I.E. Eros). You can have both. I think the combination of these two  categories can be what we may call "true love".

I don't believe that unconditional love fits the role of "true love". Unconditional stipulates that we love regardless of compatibility. I don't think it's right to love anyone but a stranger this way. Further, it's a highly Christian characteristic that not many people adequately display. Think Mother Theresa. That's unconditional.

-reply by Fran

My best friend is a guy and I am a girl. Neither or us are bi or homosexual. We have been best friends since the sixth grade. I liked him for the first two weeks of school while he did not reciprocate the same feelings. Yet, he liked me off and on for years, while I plainly did not reciprocate his feelings. But by sophmore year he had accepted thoroughly that we would only be friends and he felt that it would fit best as being friends. He chose this relationship rather than to not loose me as a friend since we had been friends for many years. He eventually moved on and fell in love with another girl while I moved on with another guy. Through our relationships with other people we have been able to maintain the closeness of friends without any misleading components to us being best friends of the opposite sex. Our significant others and mutual friends understand that we have chosen for ourselves that being friends is best and what we want. By being able to be open about having had feelings once for each other at a young age, we understand each other better and realize that we can be honest about anything without fear of judgment, awakwardness, or mislead statements or actions. We have matured in our relationship with ourselves and others and have come to realize that the immature feelings we had have now passed and we are simply best friends. He has been with me through everything and I have him and four other girl friends as my considered best friends. I believe whole heartedly that a person can have a best friend of the opposite sex without fear of judgment and inaccurate assumptions from other people and a clear, honest, and pure relationship with each other, while still having a real love or significant other. We have been assumed as more than friends simply by those who do not know us or what we agreed to or been through together. That is there right of an opinion but I can tell you honestly that for some, not all, but for some having a person of the opposite sex be their best friend is of great value. It allows a completely different insight from a different gender and makes things more interesting. Especially for me, who has always been more comfortable to be around guys, having my best friend be a guy was inevitable. Those who know us like our significant others, friends, and families understand the uniqueness and genuineness of our friendship with the opposite sex.

response to love4 Different Types Of Love

The most wonderful love is the love that Jesus has for all humanity, the AGAPE Love, unconditional, unfailing love.  He loved us so much that he died on the Cross for us He paid the price for  us with his Love and his Blood...Such a love like this who can find if not in Jesus .

Sure there are many kinds of Love but none like an AGAPE Love

Be Blessed