xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

I Thought I'd Do A Sig... makes a change

Well, here's one of the first sigs I've done since Marchish. Despite the huge time-gap I think I'm improving due to my experimenting with Paint Shop Pro (correct me if I'm not):

Posted Image

Rate / comment / criticise

The sig all together look intresting, but there need some improvments or changes I think.. the size iz too big for the sig I think maybe 400x140 will do it.. and if you use a pixelfont then it ussaly is about size 8-14.. if its bigger it look bad.. keep going ur on right way :D.. ohh and some render would be cool too...

If the right side of the sig was taken off by about, maybe, 60 pixels, it would look better, IMO. I don't think it needs a render, the background is attractive enough. Maybe a different choice in fonts. Not sure what kind of font to suggest, though. Maybe one that resembles grunge and tech. Or maybe get a "default" font, and put a layer mask on it, and brush over the mask. I am giving this a 6.9/10.

No offense, but that border style looks horrible. Use a simple 1 px black border, it'll look lots better.Then, the text is too light, it's an OK font, but make it a dark red, like the background. :DHope I helped.

It's random, so that's kudos to you. But they're right - the border doesn't work very well with it, and the red really stands out. Try blending your sig a little more. Definitely work with the text, and try out some brushes if you'd like. You have definite potential. Keep it up!7/10