xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

How Do I Know If Something Is Installed On The Server?

For instance I have been asked if these things are installed on my web server:

System RerquirementsThis application requires that PHP version 4 or higher, the GD library, DOMXML library and
the iconv library extensions are installed on your web server (iconv comes on most Un*x-type
OSes). You will need Flash Player 8 to open the application in a web browser.

Are they?

Thanks in advance

Well im pretty sure that all servers will support these types of aplication, well atleast I know that Xisto does. So you will be fine in these areas. <_<

How long you've been hosting with us? <_<

http://forums.xisto.com/info.php

And you can even make your own script to find out what PHP version and supports you have. Make the following script and just call the file.

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>

More information on PHPINFO() can be found at http://us3.php.net/phpinfo

As you can see iconv is even installed and enabled for Xisto hosting accounts. Flash Player 8 is client based and therefore you have to install that in your own computer, or in visitor's computer. Flash Player is not server based.

On the left hand side of your cpanel it shows you all your versions, how much space and bandwidth you have left and basically every single bit of information you want to know about your hosting account.

the best amd easiest way to find out if something is installed or not installed in your server is to not worry about it and just run whatever application you want to run ,so if it does'nt run you something is not right , then only you should start worrying , i would say whatever you are going to download and install has high chance of running on most servers because otherwise that particular application will be useless if it runs in only 1 or 2 servers world wide , lol <_<

Trap17 is good enough to have many of those mandatory applications installed in the server . Anyways, i recommend you to proceed with the installation . If there is anything missing o the server ,you are bound to see some error screens .. You have commands for checking php versions - phpinfo() ... So maybe you have other commands to check other software versions.. Anyways not sure about that.. And you can always ask the admin or moderators.. I am sure they would have the answer for you.,