xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
red_dragon_here

Pluto No Longer A Planet But Is Called A "dwarf" Planet new definition

this is pretty funny. a bunch of scientists voted to exclude pluto as an officially recognised planet and now there are people rallying and protesting around the world.who really cares. no one will ever go there and it has no affect on our existence.i have no idea what all the fuss is about. people, pull your heads in.

a dwarf PLANET well if its called a dwarg planet shuoldnt it still be a planet? astronomers dont seem to be as smart as they are presented....but i think it should be a planet

thats how they are gonna exclude every small thing outta the history books, to make sure our coming generation can easily memorize the left overs.. beh.. i remember my teacher gave me 7/10 marks just for forgetting the exact spelling of the word itself "PLUTO" .. umm i think i wrote "PLOTO" lol

I looked it up... They made it a "dwarf planet" because its oblong rotation around the sun. "planets" have to revole around the sun in a exact circle but pluto was revolving in an oval.

I though all planets revolved around the sun in a oval. :)

Anyway, I am not that bothered about some scientists deciding to remove a planet, as it won't affect me in the slightest, also if they decided it was to remain a planet, we would have hundreds more so call planets.

Why is Pluto not a planet any more? Some might say it's a dwarf planet. So it should be treated like the rest of the other eight planets. So what if it's smaller than the others it's still there. Ok what if there were nine people including you and you were the smallest. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be left out just because you were small. Most people say the reason why pluto was taken out of the solar system was because they found two new plantes. So they said "what are just going to keep adding more planets or what?" so they toke pluto off. Now thats not fair to pluto. -reply by felecia

Yes! Pluto is not a planet anymore since 2006. It is one of the dwarf planets together with Ceres and Eris. Pluto is also a part of the Kuiper Belt Region which is really far away from the sun. There were also some claims that there are still even bigger planets behind pluto..

According to some sources...

The 2006 definition of "planet" by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) states that in the solar system a planet is a celestial body that:
* is in orbit around the Sun,
* has sufficient mass so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and
* has "cleared the neighbourhood" around its orbit.

A non-satellite body fulfilling only the first two of these criteria is classified as a "dwarf planet", whilst a non-satellite body fulfilling only the first criterion is termed a "small solar system body" (SSSB). The definition was a controversial one, and has drawn both support and criticism from different astronomers.

Therefore, Pluto will never be a Planet. <_<

Notice from truefusion:

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

pluto not a planet?Pluto No Longer A Planet But Is Called A "dwarf" Planet

Ok, if pluto isnt a planet cancel out all the other ''dwarf planets'' in the kuiper belt. If pluto isnt a planet stop calling it a dwarf planet just call it something else. The greek definition of planet is wanderer. Ok pluto is wandering. Until we have the real definition of planet than we cant decide yet. I think pluto should be aplanet because its in our solar system. I know you are all gonna say what about meteors, what about meteors. I know IAU is the only union allowed to name planets and grade them. There might be a planet thatis made of solid rock out in the kuiper belt. But we don't know. I'm 11 years old. When I have an astronomy quiz about naming the planets in order from the sun I add pluto and eris and everyone says pluto is not a planet. So I stand up and say give me the definition of a planet no reply why is it we cant add pluto as a planet. People say its not a big deal. I want people to know whats a planet or not so if they ever have a quiz they know what to put down instead of guessing and think but nothing comes through. I would also like to add that astronomy is being taken out and being put in to school people in the future it will be like the past guessing whats out there but not knowing the real facts. Thank you for your time for reading this piece I'm sorry if my spelling is off PLEASE READ-reply by ryan