xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy354

One Of The Shortest Holidays In The World... Why didnt I go live to a country with longer holidays...

Yea... for the people who live in Holland (like me...), you know what you talking about... Because I only have 6-7 weeks vacation on the summer.... One of the shortest vacation in the world I read once in a magazine... Where I was born, in Portugal we had almost 3 moths summer vacation.. then I come here and I only get 6 weeks of it... not even two months! And about 2 months ago I saw an article saying that in France they were going to make the holidays longer!!! I was about to shoot myself for that....So.... Post your comment about holidays and how long they should be <_<

Ya well you also gain more knowledge and I'm sure you have a different grade level system so you'll actually go to college in less time. People in Japan go to school all year long with like a 2 week break every quarter. They are smarter though and they learn everything rather young and it comes easier

Japense people know EVERYTHING lol. That stinks. Maybe you don't get as much homework at night as us or something. You could consider yourself smarter than all of us! Holland must really value education.

Yeah. While Missouri is shortening our school year as the years go on. We have abotu 4 months and I would say that e have fine educations thank you. The Japanese know more because they are taught to respect their teachers and we mouth off and then don't pay attention because we're annoyed. I think four months may be a bit much, but I think that 3 months is a good amount. 6 weeks is pretty short, I guess you'll just have to enjoy what you get....

In my opinion they should be long enough to where people have a good time. I dont think they should be too long like 4 weeks but more around 2-3 weeks. This give people more time to spend with their families and friends. And with good memories comes hard work. If people have a crumy time they are less likely to work hard and they will become more unhappy. This is just my opinion though.

Yea... we do get more knowledge... but everytime you get home, the only thing you can do is sit or go lay in your bed... cuz it really gets you tired... and then you still have tooooooooooooonsssssss of homework to do :S