xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
isilioth

Best Mmorpg?

I currently play RuneScape, as I have all the way through high school (except grade 10). But as i am going to uni next year, i will be able to get broadband and i want to play some other awesome MMORPGs.ive heard and seen alot about WoW, FFXI etc. but what does everyone think is the best? Is Guild Wars good? Is Lineage II better than the rest?post opinions thanks.and ill say it now: NO flaming runescape.

I think the best MMORPG you can play is Final Fantasy 11, but I also like to play Ragnarok Online. I dont know of many others but there are some good ones out there so if you find a good one, tell me too

Guild Wars is hands-down the best looking, and the cheapest MMORPG.

Honestly, it's better than WoW - even though the max level is only 20.

It's currently around $50 I think, but it has no online fee.

I hate runescape, Guild wars is a great game though. It's free, but you have to buy it in the shop. Runescape is just plain dumb. The graphics look like even 3-me (who is a great GFX'er) could do a better job at. Also the community is full of no-lifers and 10 year olds.Also MMORPG=massive multiplayer online role playing game

Edited by s2k6 (see edit history)

A MMORPG is actually a acronym.

Massively

Multiplayer

Role

Playing

Game

Do you know what a Role Playing Game is? If you don't, look at Final Fantasy, Fable, or even Diablo. A role playing game, is practically a simulation of some sort. You are a noble character, who is in a world where you can upgrade your life. Say, go to the gym, you lift weight, you gain muscle. Drive a car, you gain experience on how to drive one.

Now imagine that, but online, with millions of people from around the world.

3-Me and rldowling03 thanks for that. WoW is pretty expensive...initial cost + monthly cost :S rldowling how much does ragnorok online cost per month? and do you have to buy disk or something first?s2k6 i said NO FLAMING RUNESCAPE. WHEN YOU MAKE A BETTER GAME THAN RUNESCAPE THAN FLAME IT.many many people play and love runescape. i wouldnt be surprised if more people play runescape than games like final fantasy. so STFU.

To isilioth,It really depends on your country, here in Australia it costs about 20 dollars for a card which lasts 3 months I think, but you can play a ragnarok which is absolutely free to play, no costs EVER, not sure of the server but it is a big download, about 3 gig, but after that it is free, so if you cant download it and dont mind paying that, you can find download disks from magazines and other sources if you are lucky. Also another way if you cant download the free one, find someone who can, or has it and can give you a copy, or even download it at your local library if they have a really fast connection.Well good luck and Ragnarok is really really fun, you should at least try it, some internet/ gaming cafe's will let you play it for free, I know my local Gaming cafe allows you to play it free.

ooo ok thanks. well i can wait til next year to download it then, i need cash bad :S ill try looking up some screenshots and vids of it$20 for 3 months is pretty good though...prob even a lil cheaper than rsand lol ive never been in an internet cafe...i live in small country town

Oh and after I posted it, I didn't realise you were in Australia <_< Well I am not exactally sure of Aus prices but it aint cheap and I have one of the disks for it, got it from Hyper magazine so if you can find an old copy of it you should get it.

World of Warcraft is hands-down the best MMORPG. Granted the graphics are a little lame, but the overall game play is great. the cost isn't that bad really. Just the initial purchase of either the game cd's or the online upgrade of a trial version. It's $39.99 plus internet fees. Still not that bad considering how good of a game it really is.. I recomment WoW above all others.

3-Me and rldowling03 thanks for that. WoW is pretty expensive...initial cost + monthly cost :S rldowling how much does ragnorok online cost per month? and do you have to buy disk or something first?

s2k6 i said NO FLAMING RUNESCAPE. WHEN YOU MAKE A BETTER GAME THAN RUNESCAPE THAN FLAME IT.
many many people play and love runescape. i wouldnt be surprised if more people play runescape than games like final fantasy. so STFU.

ok lemme rephrase, the community sucks. geez don't get all up in my face about it.