xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Delete Accounts For Being Inactive

Well I was just looking at this profile and this user has been inactive for a long time. Why don't Admin delete these accounts. He has one post and it was closed for already been posted. Why don't they delete these accounts. It makes me kind of mad that some people go on Xisto and leave it here to rot. Does it take up space to make a account on Xisto. Like lets say Trap had 100% Space And then Someone registered then they had like 99%.(That is the best I can explain it.) So I say that you guys go threw all the Members and delete the ones that are not coming back online the peopel that will not be active ever again. I bieleve that I have been active every day I think most of the time. How about unless they say that they are going to be away for awhile every account inactive for a month gets terminated. ( When you get a hosting you have to stay active but what about the people that did not get a package and are just not going on?) So can someone please fix this problem? Does anyone else hear what I am saying? <_<

Every post made to Xisto is important as the next one, even it may have been closed or past long periods of time.When an account is deleted, the member's post is also deleted as well. If current members have made replies their posts are also deleted. This will result in chain reaction of losing credits due to deletion of a topic/post. This is truly unfair for current active members. This is also unlike Xisto forum policy--we value each and every post as long as they are within Xisto forum posting policy.As you can see, not one post is better or more important than another. All posts are equal in value. Furthermore, by deleting an account it may set hypocrite standards towards members who are returning and members who are here frequently. Some members were known to return after 2 years of absence. This is due to personal reason or finally realized that nothing beats Xisto hosting service.

Hmmm now that you put it that way it is more understandable. Wait are you saying that if you delete someones acount there posts get deleted and umm ok let me explain it. Lets say someone named Munkey makes a topic and then I post in that topic. If he gets that post deleted because he lost his account will I lose credits from that post that I posted in there?

Yes. When a topic is deleted by admins, anyone who was attached to the spam topic will lose hosting credits if he/she is a hosted member.That's why we have REPORT button to report spam topics, instead of blindly replying to the spam topic.REPORT will save your credits.

No no no that is not what I mean I mean if the kid gets his account deleted for not being active. Will all the people that posted in his topics get there credits tooken away because his topics got deleted for his acount getting deleted.

There is no difference between a single topic deletion and member account deletion that lead to topic deletion. Any deletion of a topic will lead to reduction in hosting credits.If words are not there to credit your hosting credits, do you still expect credits to remain? I think not. <_<It's simple understanding--not a difficult one. When a topic/post you made no longer exists, the credit awarded for that post is also none existance.I think this has been made clear as possible and there's no further "confusion" to hosting credits, topics standing and member existance etc. If you have further question PM me instead of creating a topic.Thank you.