xisto Community
bhavesh

Google Notebook

Google Notebook

Google Notebook makes web research of all kinds – from planning a vacation to researching a school paper to buying a car – easier and more efficient by enabling you to clip and gather information even while you're browsing the web.

And since Google Notebook lives in your browser, you won't be left with a scattered collection of notes, Word docs, and browser bookmarks to sort through; all your web findings will be gathering into one organized, easy accessible location that you can access from any computer.

The mini Google Notebook

Posted Image

The full-page view

Posted Image

So features of Google Notebook are:

Clip and collect information as you browse the web.

* Clip useful information.

You can add clippings of text, images and links from web pages to your Google Notebook without ever leaving your browser window.

* Organize your notes.

You can create multiple notebooks, divide them into sections, and drag-and-drop your notes to stay organized.

* Get access from anywhere.

You can access your Google Notebooks from any computer by using your Google Accounts login.

* Publish your notebook.

You can share your Google Notebook with the world by making it public.

For more info go to https://www.google.com/googlenotebook/faq.html

Notice from truefusion:
For more information go where? No need, you've already copied information from that page, and from the overview page. Warning issued.

That is a really cool tool. I might have to use that next time I do a research project. I think that'd be really helpful because I'm always gathering mixed information from different sites. I don't know though if I can remember my Gmail account we'll see. I think that be very helpful especially when you are searching for something or comparing prices because you can put it all in one place and leave notes about each one with Cons and Pros. It's amazing what Google comes up with.Side Note: Please make sure to quote any information taken from another source.

Google has now stopped working on Notebooks. If you have one, you can still use it, but you can't make a new one. I personally think Notebook is quite useful. I use it to keep track of what sites I'm a member of. I also used it for bookmarks that can be accessed anywhere until i found out about google.com/bookmarks, another great google service.

Personally, I'm used to just opening up a saved draft in Gmail, then pasting any tidbits, web addresses, notes, or any other information on the e-mail and either send it to myself or just keep it saved as a draft. Why sign up for another service or install a program or use another application?Hey, it works. :)

I'm die-hard fan of google notebook. and they stopped the service :) . i wish they can continue with hosting noteboook atleast for few years. But let's see what they've planned for it. I guess Google notebook was most used product simmilar to google reader. Google notebook had one firefox plugin which was deactivated by team, as that plugin was not official and was increasing load on server. In meantime i found alternative to this service as "Yahoo Notepad". it is not as better as google notebook and also it is pain to search multiple notes as list gets increasing. So if you wish to switch to alternatives then "Evernote" is good option. Or you can stick to yahoo notepad.

For Linux users, there is an application named 'Baskets' that does a similar thing but on your Desktop.Cut and paste "notes", snippets, links, images into a "basket" you have defined. Baskets can be categorized, contain sub-baskets, and lots of other features. It is similar to the Evernotes application used on Windows.Download and install from the repositories. I have it running in Ubuntu 8.10. Works great. I track all the spammers and their warnings/posts, etc. It keeps quite detailed notes effortlessly. Cut and paste to the basket and a Macro issues the Warning to their account automagically.