xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Megaman

Dirge Of Cerberus how many of u have this game?

The Dirge of Cerberus game is a 1st-person/3rd-person shooter game. It is basically about one specific charater's life: the mysterious one from FF7 (i forget his name). It's also somewhat of an RPG. The more you shoot down the more you earn points. I hear the English version of the game is better than the Japanese one.

Ooh i've been waiting ages to play this game and i'm finally going to get my chance today. Yay. It has just been released on pal in australia in last few weeks and hadn't noticed it was released until i say it in th shops and i couldn't afford it with christmas and all until now. I'm going to buy it today and play it and write my review for it finally. I've heard good and bad reviews for it but it is different from the other final fantasy games.And because it is different I can't wait until i get to play it. Well i'm going to go buy it now and will come back on when I've played it a bit and tell you guys what I think of this game, even though it will be great most likely.

I never played it by myself, but i heard a lot about the game.Anyway, the guy name is Vincent hehehe.When i (hopefully) buy my PS2, this will be the first game that i'll buy. I'm a Final Fantasy fan :lol:.

Yes I just got this game and I absolutely love it. After I got it, I went home and played it straight away. The graphics on the game when you first turn it on are excellent. It's basically the same graphics used in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The graphics just blew me away at how great they are. The controls of the game were different than other games of this type and it took me a bit of practice to fully get it right but the controls are easy once you learn them and get to use them. As Lobosque said the main character is Vincent Valentine and he is basically a chracter from the original Final Fantasy VII game and he uses guns. In Dirge Of Cerberus you get a choice of 3 guns to use, a handgun, machine gun and a rifle, each of which can be customised with barrels, attachments and add-ons to create hundreds of different combinations.The way you get items such as bullets and gil is each enemy you destroy will sonetimes drop an item or when you destroy boxes items may be hidden in them. Itmes include potions, ethers and elixers, ammo, limit breaker (which transforms vincent into a beast like creature) and of course gil. Gil is used to buy things in the shops (which look like jukeboxes) during the course of each level, and after each level. You can buy upgrades for your weapons and parts of weapons making them more powerful. Also you can buy and sell any items you want. Another great feature of this game is that you use Pheonix Downs before you die, so that once you die, you will be automatically revived.I think the soundtrack, like all other Final Fantasy games (except XII) is excellent and it really makes th game more enjoyable. One bad point though, is that I found it way too easy to complete, i finished it on normal in under 8 hours with no problems. Even the extra hard mode was just as easy.Well I give it a 9 out of 10 and I think Square have done an excellent job, this will be a keeper for me, so enjoy.