xisto Community
Sweety

Online Love

I suggest,you to meet your guy in real.. It is then you will get to know the real him !!!!! I seriously think it is mandatory for you to do so ,before it gets toooo late !!!And, Good Luck !!!!

I have always been fascinated about this idea of online love. Is it really possible to find your true other while being online? Most of the time, it is very difficult to picture the kind of person speaking to you in a conversation online. It is very hard to really portray the true meaning of what you intend to say in just words, sometimes being face to face would accurately describe your feelings to the other party. It is ever so rare that you get to bare your heart to someone you have not met or even seen in your life. The only way this online relationship will work out is that you bring it to the next level, expelling online meetings and expanding it to meeting face to face; starting a relationship like every other normal couple. However ... The threats about online dating is very dangerous, there have been so many cases in my country of girls being cheated, raped and even killed through chatting in internet relay messaging (IRC). If you ever want to meet up, please bring along a few of your friends so that they can look out for you. For all you know, the guy you have been talking so regularly to might be a serial molester. I am not trying to say anything about this guy you could be meeting, but just that you should be careful if you are meeting him.

Wow I haven't been on Xisto for soo long....awwww and all these messages make me feel like people care for my safety. Thank you guys so much. Replying to DARRAN( the last post): The conversations between him and I have not only been online, but by phone as well. I have talked to his mom, sister, and cousin....hmmmmm he's not a molester, killer, or a rapist....oh so I hope....lol. I also have mailed him letters and just recently a huge package with all sorts of gifts for his 18th B-Day! He got it just in time.....woohoo! I've already applied to a few colleges in the state he lives in and await for the acceptance letters in December and April. I promise I'll be extra careful and think rationally and hopefully I won't let my feelings take over. Once again I appreciate all of your opinions. Please continue writting cause it sure helps to know what others suggest. Love you guys!

You're already hea dover heels for this guy, it kind o defeats the purpose of meeting him before making your midn wether you truely love him for him, or his words.I mean any group of people can still get together an act like a family to a complete stranger, and they do, for complete fun and to create hassle etc. What is going to happen to you, if you meet him, and you decide, no, not for me? You'll be heart shattered.

IMO, online dating or a.k.a. ' e-dating ' is x-tremely silly if you ask me. Its for lonely people who can't find love in real life, hence they retreat to the internet. Word to the wise, don't do it. You never know what you're getting into. :)

Try your best to keep it going i guess.. i had a little distance in a relationship with my ex and didint work out at all after 3 months u sorda move on without even knowing it.. if i knew that was ganna happen maybe i would have tried a bit harder, but thats the past. So yea just do what you can and fate takes it ways eventually anyway.

In today's world meeting people now takes on new forms and the internet is one of them. I think online is alright for general friendships and having a person/place to converse with especially if you do not converse much off line. People need outlets to talk sometimes. I do think much caution has to be exercised when moving to a romantic stage online as we all hear the horror stories. Some would say that meeting a date online is really no more harmful than meeting a stranger in a bar. But face to face contact will often tell you things you cannot get online. When people are face to face the body chemistry can give signals that may warn you the connection is not good where as you may not sense that online.If you are young with not much dating experience,I 'd highly advise you against it it's too hard in the flesh to see if someones being truthful, and in the long run, you could be setting yourself up for some heartbreak. Think about your mother, and ask her the reason why she wanted you to stop talking to your guy. Maybe she'll be able to clear things up and give you an advice.I have met guys from the internet and in real life and have had probably about the same amount of disappointments from both. People can lie just as much to your face as well, and they do.However I don't think I could say I am head over heels in love with someone until I met them in person. I could care very deeply for them and be open to the possibility that I could maybe fall for them if I met them. There's just nothing quite like looking into a persons eyes, hearing the tone in their voice, and feeling their touch. Sure you can kinda do some of these things online but it's quite limited.As with any type of relationship, proceed with caution and always get to know a person as best you can. Keep in mind that online, you cannot see into their eyes to know if they are sincere. I wish you all the luck Sweety. ;)

For sure, u have to be very careful, men and women. Tho online love does happen, but is few and far between, i have loved online, but is amazing that when it ends how quick u get over it!...which tells us something!Caz