xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

What Is Your Websites History?

Interesting topic. Well, "my" site has been a LOT of different things, from a pokemon info site to a phantasy star online clan, but I guess I can just start from when I joined t17. When I joined I originally planned to make a gaming forum [hence the name plusone.trap17.com, sort of like 1up] but I got bored with that because nobody was interested. Then I turned it into a blog, to talk about random stuff in my life. Then I got into graphics design [one of the major reasons I am staff/was admin here on Xisto] and wanted to do a graphics forum, but that idea quickly died out. So I then added a sort of gallery to my blog to show off all my sigs and such. I bought a domain [and got 5 .info for free with it] somewhere during that time, so the new address is brooksrockett.com [brooks rockett being my name] Just recently, three or four days ago, I remodeled my site, and now the main section is still a blog [although I haven't had time to post anything substantial] with some contact information, and there's a new flash-based portfolio section behind that to serve as a gallery and a potential "resume". I think this is the way it's going to stay for a while [aside from a few visual changes], unless I find something a little more fitting. Personally I'd rather still have the portfolio as a part of the blog, but the flash-based portfolio looks and feels much nicer, has better effects, and music that stays on while you're looking through the images.

lol I have a rather short but rather interesting history. Nothing really exciting though.I started out actually looking for a place to host my chat for a game I knew nothing about graphics, web sites, and web hosting at the time. Here though got me interested in computers and what not though and that's how it all started. My name was Crazy Stunt Man at the time so my first web site was called The CSM (Crazy Stunt Man) Network. lol Stupid name but like I said it was my first site. I didn't really know how to make a web site yet so I took a free template and eventually started a forum. I taught myself HTML and eventually made my own design on Photoshop. It ended up becoming a Graphics site but it never really got far in Google Rankings. I never really was able to get much of a site going.Then as I got better with coding and what not I changed the name to Plenoptic Design. I made better sites and tried making free templates to download and made tutorials for people to read but that site also ended up like The CSM Network and didn't really get far. By this point my other host had gone down and I moved on to Xisto. After months of on and off work with the site I gave up and now have Stexel.net I was hoping to develop Visual Basic programs to offer for people but haven't really had the time yet. I was also gonna give the graphical design another shot but so far I'm still novice in design.

lol I have a rather short but rather interesting history. Nothing really exciting though.
I started out actually looking for a place to host my chat for a game I knew nothing about graphics, web sites, and web hosting at the time. Here though got me interested in computers and what not though and that's how it all started. My name was Crazy Stunt Man at the time so my first web site was called The CSM (Crazy Stunt Man) Network. lol Stupid name but like I said it was my first site. I didn't really know how to make a web site yet so I took a free template and eventually started a forum. I taught myself HTML and eventually made my own design on Photoshop. It ended up becoming a Graphics site but it never really got far in Google Rankings. I never really was able to get much of a site going.

Then as I got better with coding and what not I changed the name to Plenoptic Design. I made better sites and tried making free templates to download and made tutorials for people to read but that site also ended up like The CSM Network and didn't really get far. By this point my other host had gone down and I moved on to Xisto. After months of on and off work with the site I gave up and now have Stexel.net I was hoping to develop Visual Basic programs to offer for people but haven't really had the time yet. I was also gonna give the graphical design another shot but so far I'm still novice in design.

lol thats pretty rare for your site to turn from one thing to a compeltley different thing :) lol but its kool that it did, i think that you would go much farther in graphics than you would have on CSM.

but like i said earlyer, i think it is essental for someone to go through a few websites before having a trule sucesfull website and it looks like everyone here has :P and its awsome! anywho

JOhnny, i am totaly in love with your site, i mean i always knew your graphics were awsome and i am sitting here listening to your music and i dont want to leave :P good choice!!