xisto Community
nations

Disabled Functions List? How do I enable these?

I am looking into setting up an e-Commerce site and I am currently setting up X-Cart. When installing this I get a message telling me that the following functions are disabled:

Disabled functions list ... 'system, dl,proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, escapeshellcmd'

I looked around my cPanel and I could not find anything to re-enable these. If someone could please point me in the right direction on enabling these please let me know.

Thank you!

nations

Here's my guess. I looked up some of the functions on php's manual. On most of them I found evidence that they might be linked to shell scripts and/or program execution:

[hr=shade]SYSTEM():[/hr]

// Outputs all the result of shellcommand "ls", and returns

// the last output line into $last_line. Stores the return value

// of the shell command in $retval.

$last_line = system('ls', $retval);

// Printing additional info

echo '

</pre>

<hr />Last line of the output _linenums:0'><?phpecho '<pre>';// <strong class='bbc'>Outputs all the result of shellcommand "ls"</strong>, and returns// the last output line into $last_line. Stores the return value// of the shell command in $retval.$last_line = system('ls', $retval);// Printing additional infoecho '</pre><hr />Last line of the output: ' . $last_line . '<hr />Return value: ' . $retval;?>

Allows you to execute shell commands

ESCAPESHELLCMD():

Self explanatory - shell in the function name

[hr=shade]So that Xisto is not abused, the shell feature (SSH) has been disabled. These look to be all SSH functions so you cannot enable them...[/hr]

hi allsome times server admin close some php Functions for more security i think its very good idea some times php goes to hard and very bad lan . you must change your script and talk to script support for more infofor example some host run in safe mode , if server run in safemode many Functions in php dosent run .