xisto Community
Prox

Disproving Mormonism A few facts that disprove the mormon faith

Dude, seriously...Disproving Mormonism

I must start off by saying a few things:1) My father's side of the family is...*shudders* Mormon.2) I am decidedly spiritual, and do not represent any religion.So, iGuest, you want to argue the remaining points of interest above?  Please do.  I would love to see which ancient artifacts you can pull out of your mountainous Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City.  I suppose you're going to tell me that you have the Golden Tablets that Joseph Smith found, right?  No?  Why not?  What did he do with them?  Really?  You believe that?  Yeah, and I turned water into wine.  Okay, so I didn't really turn water into wine, but I sure as hell turned it into Kool-Aid a few times.  Miraculous?  I think not. As far as any of the other bullets you wanted to argue, it's irrelevant.  I have met more child molesting, drugged out, undereducated, ignorant, arrogant, self-righteous Mormons than any other group of people in my life.  The only attributing intelligent Mormons that exist are showcased like a purebred Shih Tzu in the media (the Virgin Empire guy, that douche from Jeopardy that kept winning), and the rest of your deplorable sub-human-standard population rots in the festering fake little world you make for yourselves.I especially love the "Open Door Mormons."  What's that you ask?  Well, I have Mormon family, remember from above?  A prime example is my uncle, The Douche.  The Douche would commonly have the Elders over for intricate detailed discussions about the Lord and his great plan for the Mormon religion.  The Missionaries would stop by and treat themselves to one of the CAFFEINE FREE sodas in the fridge.  You'd never see my uncle with a drink in his hand, a cigarette, or a cup of coffee (else your soul be damned!), at least while any of them were around.  The clergymen leave, however, and the bottom fridge drawer opens to the stash of beer, the cigarettes and ashtray come out, the cocaine, maybe some of his painkillers, oh, and then maybe he'd go molest his step daughter just to top off the evening.  As soon as that door closed, he was truly Mormon.  Truly as sadistic as the bands of  Mormons that traipsed through the rural south after the Civil War kidnapping, murdering, pillaging, and raping anything that wouldn't convert willingly.  It's sad.  They blamed it on Native Americans, and still deny it to this day.  Is it any wonder my uncle denies molesting his step daughter?  His religion taught him to.  

Hell, the Mormons didn't accept African descendants to be PART of their church in whole until the 1970's!  They think Native Americans are descendants of Israelites.  Just like other Christians, Mormons don't believe in DNA. 

So,  I can't say enough about how I hate Mormons, but really I'm an equal opportunity hater.  I hate Christianity because even though your stuff is BASED on a guy who probably did exist, you take it into the fairy tale realm and truly believe this guy was the son of God, died for YOUR "sins", walked on water, turned water into wine, came back from the dead, and plans to come back to Earth again.  Sorry, but I have a brain.  I like to think logically.  I like to have solid facts, and things that are tactile, manageable, and real.  Resurrection is impossible.  Turning water into wine... See the Kool-Aid comment above.  Walking on water...  No but I sure do like surfing. 

Look people, the point here is that no one should be telling anyone else that their made up bull**** story about God is worse than their own made up bull**** story about God.  All of you need to realize that that's what being a bigot  is.  That's what being racist is.  You're trying to say that just because your religion is older and has crap that's been written on scrolls a couple thousand years ago it makes your bull**** story more real, and it doesn't.  It makes the religion more real, not the fantasy stories behind it.  How would we all be living today if Homer's Odyssey were taken as a literal representation of the world?  Scientology?  See, you can get more insane than the Mormons.  

Think about it, people.  You need to stop and think before you just rip on other people for their beliefs.  I bet if you could handle listening to someone else about the reasons and beliefs they have and why, you'd find that people in your own religion differ from you, and a hell of a lot of other people will disagree with you. Learn to shut the f*ck up sometimes and maybe we'll all be able to get along someday.

-reply by The Reverand

I"ve had enough of the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witness. They are are always predicting some great catastrophe or the end of the world and it never happens.Not only that,they think they can just walk up to you, or knock on your door pushing thebooklets they have, and if you don't want one of them they have no time for you. I believe that God is a nice,normal type who appreciates civility, even if it's just small talk about the weather,rather than pressing this propaganda on people.

This post seems to follow the very widespread notion (and fallacy) that it is possible to disprove a religion/ethnicity, whether it be Mormonism, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Paganism, or whatever else. The problem is that a religion is an institution, an organization for a body of believers of a particular faith. It's no more possible to disprove religion than it is to disprove Microsoft or Wal-mart. You can attempt to disprove particular notions or ideas within a set of beliefs, but to claim to disprove a religion as a whole is just foolishness. Besides, if one is at all convinced of their own beliefs, they wouldn't care to try to disprove those of another without any overwhelming push to do so. Far too many individuals believe it is their purpose in life to set people straight for their "inferior" notions, when in fact their own beliefs often have just as many unanswered questions, loopholes, or other irrationalities as the one they're attempting to "disprove".

Some points you could use plus a thanksDisproving MormonismReplying to Prox First, I wanted to thank you for summing it all up onto one website. I had actually already came to the same conclusions through my own research before I ever got to your website. I prayed to be shown the truth and that is what I believe I was shown (even before your website). Second, something you didn't find, or maybe you did but didn't include, were some ways to know for certain whether false prophets teachings were false. These stipulations were that it had to be recognized in Israel, I am leaning to officially recognized, as stated in Ezekiel 13:9 and that it had to have the spirit of God, 1 John 4: 1-4. 2nd Peter Chapter 2:1 is also a good verse to use in this case. Two mormons came to my house the other day and I visited with them this week and am suppose to again the next week. Maybe I can get them back on track, even though I didn't even know what that track was myself. God works in mysterious ways. I now have 9 official religions (mainly catholic) that were recognized by Israel and have the spirit of God. This quest has even had me cast off Lutherens, Baptists, and other such churches for they do not meet the criteria set in the Bible. I believe with my whole heart that if it is not supported in the Bible, it is false.-feedback by Cassandra

Book of MormonDisproving Mormonism

I am going to invent a religion like Joseph Smith.  It will be a fraud used only to inflate my own self importance and wallet.  Thankfully, as the writer below stated nobody will ever be able to prove it a fraud.  No matter how utterly ridiculous it sounds.

-reply by John Schwart

Mormons claim to believe in the Bibles teachings as well as the book of mormon. They say that the the book of mormon is just what happened after the Bible. But how can they believe in both? "I am astobnished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel- which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are are throwing you into confusion and are truing to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now i say again: if anybody is preaching ato you a gospel other that what you accepted, let him be ETERNALLY CONDEMNED!" Galatians 1:6-9How can the mormons now believe in both the Bible and the book of mormon when those four verses directly contradict their entire religion. Well, if you tell a mormon this they well simply say they are not teaching another gospel but how can that be possible if they believe those who only believe in the bible will go to Hell? I have a few of my best friends that are mormon. Another one of my strong Christian friends and I showed one of them these verses and he was speechless. he had no idea what to say he was scared because he knew we were right. Unfortunately the next day he was arguing new points that were completely irrelevant that he had gotten from his parents. Once again we beat him in the arguement and again he was speechless. my friend asked him if he wanted one of his pastors to come talk to him, he said he would think about it. i couldnt believe it, i was so proud, i was making a difference! now, it has been about two months and he nor me and my friend have brought up the subject. yesterday my friend showed me this website and i was inspired once again. i have read all comments and i am extremely interested in the subject.

The translation of the golden plates of the Book of Mormon gives a record of two distinct groups of people that immigrated to the American continent; the first being after the dispersion of the inhabitants from the Tower of Babel in Babylon in the Near East and the second group from Jerusalem in 589 BC. In the book of Ether of the Book of Mormon, the first group, called Jaredites, traveled from Babylon to the Pacific coast of China, built barges that quoted from the book ?were light upon the water?, the length of a tree, and completely enclosed and water tight. For air, there were two holes, one in the top and the other in the bottom, which were opened as needed for ventilation. Light was provided for the entombed travelers by two illuminating stones placed in each barge. An estimated 32 men, women and children, divided themselves amongst the 8 barges, floated, pitched, and yawed 344 days across the Pacific to the American continent. During the crossing of the tempest Pacific Ocean, not one barge was lost and no one died of hypercapnia, a condition of too much carbon dioxide accumulating in the blood stream. Being confined inside an airtight barge with only limited ventilation would have been an ideal breeding ground for the malady. Any sailor who has brazenly ventured onto the Pacific Ocean knows its awesome power. Sailors know of the unimaginable anger and mountainous waves, capped by white sheets of blowing water, that pound and toss any ship unfortunately enough to be on surface when the storms rage. Imagine being inside a walnut shell, with a hole in the top and bottom and floating upon the Pacific Ocean. Where would you store your food? How would you prepare the food? Where would you sleep? How would you remain in place during the storms? Most importantly with only a hole in the top and a hole in the bottom for ventilation, where would you urinate or defecate? This just one of the implausible stories from the Book of Mormon.

Mormons claim to believe in the Bibles teachings as well as the book of mormon. They say that the the book of mormon is just what happened after the Bible. But how can they believe in both?

It always amuses me when the religious start bickering about who's 'truth' is the real 'truth'.Of course Mormonism is built on a load of old nonsense..do you really have to think about it? Tribes of Israel in the US? Golden plates which nobody is allowed to see? You couldn't write it as fiction because nobody would believe it.

If you really think your debating style is so good and your points so convincing then please try me for size - I've been debating the cream of religious apologists (Jesuits) for decades. I'm willing to be convinced, but you have to provide evidence, not assertion.

And just for the smug Christians -
Much of Christianity is also myth and invention, so Christians should be wary of throwing stones.
And please don't give me the normal guff about the bible being accurate - it is so full of holes that I'm surprised it isn't used more widely as a strainer. I could take it apart in detail if you like and show you the logical and textual contradictions, the obviously invented parts, the parts that are obviously stolen from other religions...and so on.

Here's just 3 simple questions to ask yourself, before attacking the veracity of other beliefs:
1. Where was Jesus born? Who is right and who made it up? Matthew and Luke? Paul? Mark? John? Here's a clue - the nativity is clearly an invention, since the Romans didn't conduct any census around that time and in any case never required men to return to their home town to register - that notion is completely bonkers.
(The same question applies to the date, as well as the place. The reported dates do not hold water).

2. Matthew (1:2-17) and Luke (3:23-38) both give the genealogy of Joseph. Both completely different. Which one is right?

3. Why is Jesus not mentioned outside the new testament? Why do none of the contemporary historians even mention him? Seneca, Philo, Plutarch - not a word about him - and they all wrote extensively about the goings on in the region at that time. Pliny the elder, Damis, Justus? Nary a mention....odd that! You have to wait for Tacitus in 110CE to see a mention - and even that is about Christians, not Jesus, and is widely believed to be a later Christian forgery....
Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS WHY ALL THE CONTENTION, I MEAN IF SATAN HAS HIS WAY, WE WILL BE ENDING UP HATING EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF LOVING AS CHRIST LOVED, I AM A MORMON AND I DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THIS IS HELPING ANYONE, IF OTHER CHURCHES WERE TRUE AND THEY DO HAVE THE BIBLE...WHY DO THEY SMOKE AND DRINK??? WHEREAS I DONT COZ OF THE TEACHINGS I HAVE RECEIVED?..IN THE BIBLE IT TEACHES US NOT TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS BUT STILL OTHER CHURCHES DO IT. IF THEY AL PROCLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS? WHY DONT THEY ACT LIKE ONE? WHY ALWAYS GO FOR THOSE WHO REALLY STRIVES TO BE THEIR BEST, ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT..YOU ENVY US..AND IN THE BIBLE IT CLEARLY STATES THAT ENVY IS ONE OF THE DEADLY SINS, I THINK ITS FOUND IN PROVERBS.PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU STATE ANYTHING THAT U MIGHT HURT OTHERS AND CONTENTION IS THE EASIEST WAY TO DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY.TAKE CARE AND ENJOY YOUR AGENCY.

I am a firm believer in Christ and I know that mormonism is a false religion. It makes me so sad that there are so many blind followers. If they opened their eyes and their hearts they would see the truth.One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say it has to be true and christian because it's called "Another testament of Jesus Christ" and "The Church of Jesus Christ". I could easily call my fridge the fridge of Jesus Christ and then get a bunch of followers who will believe it. But it doesn't make it true.""IF OTHER CHURCHES WERE TRUE AND THEY DO HAVE THE BIBLE...WHY DO THEY SMOKE AND DRINK??? WHEREAS I DONT COZ OF THE TEACHINGS I HAVE RECEIVED?..""This is also something that bothers me. Mormons think that they are the reason for abstinance and all the good in the world. No. It started with Christians. The reason Christians do things like that even though they might be encouraged not to, is because they know they will be forgiven, whereas Mormons do not think that Jesus dying for them is good enough. And Mormons have a false belief that they will become Gods when they go to heaven, even though the Bible CLEARLY states SEVERAL times that there has and only ever will be one God. Him. So yes, Christians sin more than Mormons, but that does not make them right.

I am a firm believer in Christ and I know that mormonism is a false religion. It makes me so sad that there are so many blind followers. If they opened their eyes and their hearts they would see the truth.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say it has to be true and christian because it's called "Another testament of Jesus Christ" and "The Church of Jesus Christ". I could easily call my fridge the fridge of Jesus Christ and then get a bunch of followers who will believe it. But it doesn't make it true.

""IF OTHER CHURCHES WERE TRUE AND THEY DO HAVE THE BIBLE...WHY DO THEY SMOKE AND DRINK??? WHEREAS I DONT COZ OF THE TEACHINGS I HAVE RECEIVED?..""

This is also something that bothers me. Mormons think that they are the reason for abstinance and all the good in the world. No. It started with Christians. The reason Christians do things like that even though they might be encouraged not to, is because they know they will be forgiven, whereas Mormons do not think that Jesus dying for them is good enough. And Mormons have a false belief that they will become Gods when they go to heaven, even though the Bible CLEARLY states SEVERAL times that there has and only ever will be one God. Him.

So yes, Christians sin more than Mormons, but that does not make them right.

Becky,

It seems that you are incredibly ignorant when it comes to the Mormon faith. First of all, the definition of a Christian is anyone who believes in Christ. That makes Mormons just as Christian as you because the whole religion is centered around The Savior, Jesus Christ. One of the many reasons Mormons worship Jesus Christ is because he died for us and suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for us. However, our belief is that because he did this, it doesn't mean we just get a free pass to do whatever we want and see know consequences. Think about it, does Hitler just get off the hook for what he did because of Christ's Atonement? NO. That is why we have repentance. There are conditions with the Atonement. We can't just do whatever we want and just say "oh Christ already suffered for this sin, so im good" That would be insane! We are here for a reason. Why would Our Father in Heaven send us down here just to not be held accountable for anything? One of the main principles of the Mormon faith is that we will be forgiven for our sins after we have done all we can do to repent of them and have endured to the end. Then and only then can we be saved by the Grace of God. And let me ask you this, when you were first gaining interest in Christianity, did you read the Bible and pray about it to know that it was the true Word of God? I'm guessing at some point in your life you have, but I am also guessing that you never picked up The Book of Mormon and read and prayed about it. So how would you know if it's true or not. Science or no science, the only one who can tell you whether it's true or not is God, if you pray with real intent. James 1:5-6

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

I respect any good Christian, Mormon or not. I suggest next time you decide to make comments about anything you do a little research first. The goal of any Christian is to strive to be as Christ-like as possible even though you know you will fall short and to go off about something you know nothing about and demean someone elses faith is just petty and one of the least Christ-like things I can think of. Why do you worry so much about whether Mormons think they are the source of all good (by the way you got that all wrong, though I will admit that some of us do get a false sense of pride, but nobody is perfect) Isn't the important thing, that the hungry are being fed and the homeless are being sheltered? Who cares who is doing it or who takes credit. That is a very cynical way of looking at things. With all the evil people in the world (murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc etc), do you really want to put any energy into Mormon bashing. Save it for the people who contribute nothing to society. I am glad that you are a good Christian and I hope you will be more open-minded in the future. Bye.

And for the guy that wrote the main article on this page, have you ever read the Book of Mormon? It mentions Jerusalem hundreds of times and there are many other cities that there is evidence of. Several in the Arabian Peninsula and in South America. It amazes me every time someone who has never even read the Book of Mormon bashes on it. Do I bash on the Koran? No, Why? Because I haven't read it!

i understand your veiws and why you have them. but actually take the time to read it. If you watch a video on it and it told you all that info you should probably check other sources too. If you're really interested in finding out the origins and all that do more research. Just dont put all this on a website and then come to find out there actually is evidence of it authenticity. So check it out! i bet you'll find it's not a fictional as you think.

Vintage Anti-Mormon CommentsDisproving Mormonism<p>I don't expect my comment to be posted because I am Mormon, but I was disturbed by your bullets arguing the Book of Mormon...Not because they dispute it's authenticity, but because?you are stating supposed facts about Mormonism that simply are not fact...As a matter of fact, most?Mormons would read your claims about the Book of Mormon and say, "where did he get this from???? We don't believe?this." This applies to all of your bullets.? For example,?your second bullet states:</p><p>"NO records of Israel ever show that the Lamanites were ever a tribe in Israel, but EVERY tribe talked about in the bible ( Benjamites, Phillistines, etc. ) are all backed up by records.- NO records of Israel ever show that the Lamanites were ever a tribe in Israel, but EVERY tribe talked about in the bible ( Benjamites, Phillistines, etc. ) are all backed up by records."</p><p>Mormon doctrine does not/has not ever claimed that "Lamanites" were a tribe of Israel.? It is obvious you have not read the Book of Mormon because you would immediately know this.? The fact is, Lehi, who left Jerusalem with his family to the Americas was a Jew.? He was a descendant from one of the tribes of Israel - obviously.? The term Lamanites did not even exist until many?generations after Lehi's death when a portion of his descendants decided to call themselves that term. </p><p>Now that the fact?of Mormon doctrine has been established, how can you claim that Mormon's claim that?"Lamanites" are?one of the twelve tribes? Like many anti-Mormons, this is simply taking a?Mormon claim and twisting?its truth.? </p><p>If I see that you post my comment, then I can tell that you are legitimately trying to understand and debate Mormon doctrine.? I will then take the time to address/refute each bullet. But my guess is that?this will never be posted because it refutes your twisted claims. This is very unfortunate because as? a Christian, you will claim to be in search of or to have found truth, and yet your website is a web of deceit in which the people you attack are not even clearly understood or?even worse, consciously misrepresented. </p><p>Whether you agree with Mormonism or not, how can you in good conscience post these things that are far from the truth?? I hope you will reconsider. I will follow up on this website and see if you have the courage to post this.? If you have the truth, then obviously you have nothing to fear...Correct?? It should set you free, right?</p>-reply by Caballerokid

Ok you made a point and your being a *BLEEP* about it....I'm an ex-mormon now anti-theist.... Here try this argument.... The pearl of great price...book of abraham.. Completely make believe.. Joesph smith bought those papyrus scrolls and claimed them to be a lost translation of abrahams life... those scrolls were purchased from his wife after he was gracefully murdered and put in a museum.. We now know what they actually say.... He even took the pictures and copied them in to the bom.. Only problem was they were torn and he drew in a black head...... The scroll was a prayer to anubis who had the head of a jackal.... Joesph smith was a fraud, the L.ron hubbard of his time.. I can bare my testimony, I know your church is fake. And mormons are nice to your face and in public or church but at home its a whole other story... I know many wives beaten by their husband and the bishop doesn't care.. Fake fake fake people.

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS WHY ALL THE CONTENTION, I MEAN IF SATAN HAS HIS WAY, WE WILL BE ENDING UP HATING EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF LOVING AS CHRIST LOVED, I AM A MORMON AND I DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THIS IS HELPING ANYONE, IF OTHER CHURCHES WERE TRUE AND THEY DO HAVE THE BIBLE...WHY DO THEY SMOKE AND DRINK??? WHEREAS I DONT COZ OF THE TEACHINGS I HAVE RECEIVED?..IN THE BIBLE IT TEACHES US NOT TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS BUT STILL OTHER CHURCHES DO IT. IF THEY AL PROCLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS? WHY DONT THEY ACT LIKE ONE? WHY ALWAYS GO FOR THOSE WHO REALLY STRIVES TO BE THEIR BEST, ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT..YOU ENVY US..AND IN THE BIBLE IT CLEARLY STATES THAT ENVY IS ONE OF THE DEADLY SINS, I THINK ITS FOUND IN PROVERBS.

PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU STATE ANYTHING THAT U MIGHT HURT OTHERS AND CONTENTION IS THE EASIEST WAY TO DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY.
TAKE CARE AND ENJOY YOUR AGENCY.

I know plenty of mormons who drink and smoke. Their is hypocrits in all religions. Just becuase you are good does not mean all mormons are, you do not speak for all. I do not fall under any denomination. I believe God spoke to us in many different ways, all religion is one. But there will always be greed and ambition and I believe that's what happened with Joseph Smith. Their contradictions,lack of any proof, and illogical sence make it very hard to believe them. And the huge superiority complex they have for no reason other then their religion is wow. Envy you I pray for you. Here is a link to a page that tells you what mormons won't. http://mmoutreachinc.com/mormons/facts.html
Thank you.