xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Help With Color Choosing

ok, well i got a new laptop...and it havent gotten the CD back from my friend for Photoshop, so i asked a friend of mine if he could take a screenshot of my site, and get the color of the right side navigation menu, when i say color i mean the hex code.... he said "oh i have a program that will do that" so he did it, and his program got #201820, so i took that hex code, and applied it to the poll that i have, so it will be set as the polls background color so it blends with the navigation menu...

well that didn't work, i got somthing completley different than the color of the navigation menu, so i went to my old computer booted up photoshop and did it myself and got #18181A ...

here is a comparison side by side

Posted ImagePosted Image

Please tell me..... do these not look different.....

and if anyone is bored enough, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and want to see which one is right, go ahead and check :)

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Well if his original color was that though on Photoshop. It is probably the same color they just got it a different way. I wouldn't be surprised. I mean I don't know how it goes about coding the colors but I'm sure there can be two colors exactly the same but with a different code. I mean if it is off bit the tiniest bit you can't tell.

when i put his color code in it, I could tell the differense ebtween the navigation background and the poll background.. >_<

lol, thats because you neevr saw it with your color on it...i put it on then took it right back off :)

My Color????[/tab]????????????????????[tab]His Color

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

hahaha. is it me or does the image look exactly the same? there's no difference in the color. but then again, it might be, just maybe, it's me. you know there are a lot of factors when considering the difference in color. try asking a female to look at the difference. and that's not a sexist statement. it's just a fact that women have the better ability when it comes to comparing colors.

Just to make life difficult, I went back to basics to try and get the colours. At the moment, using a print screen of your site and the all-powerful feature-packed MSPaint I have worked out the colour code to be #181819 (only 1 shade of blue off the code you said) for the navigation menu on the left hand side. The current background of the poll is #201820. They do look quite different, and even if you don't know the colours are different, it's quite easy to spot.