xisto Community
CroSpartacus

What Is It With Gift Cards?

I always wondered what is it with people and gift cards?Most people seem to prefer shopping with a gift card to a store rather then with plain money. Let's say you payed $50 to get a $50 gift card to store A. Now why would you buy a gift card restricting you to only store A when you can just use plain money and be able to shop at plenty of other stores?I don't seem to get why people get gift cards. If it was a discount then I can understand that, such as if you pay $40 you can get a $50 gift card to store A. But that's not the case.

I have no idea why people do do that but I guess it's so they don't have to keep track of money. If they were to do that though I would buy an American Express gift card so you can use it anywhere you want. The only time I buy gift cards are when I want to buy something online that they don't have in stock or I want to get it for someone for Christmas and they are at the store with me or whatever. I really don't use it at any other time. It's usually only Christmas.

That is weird. The only time I've ever known of people using gift cards is if they get them as presents, not buying them for themselves. Although my sister does get them online sometimes as payment for taking surveys.

well, buying a gift card can be alot more easier to hold onto your money, but then again. It will be kinda easy also to lose your card because its a small plastic thing lolz.. but anyway to the point where i was going to say. Where i live their is this card called "Sam's Gift Card" and when you give this card to some one as a gift. They can use the card any where they want to, because Sam's Gift Card runs in every single store. So if their is a card like this at where you live, probly thats why people like buying them.

i hate when people give money or gift cards as presents, its like saying "I couldn't be bothered thinking of something good to buy you, or maybe I just don't like you", when you actually go to the effort of buying a present that the person really likes they will remember it for a much longer time and appreciate it more too.

most people use giftcards to give people presents. For your birthday, someone would give you a giftcard because they dont know what to buy you. They could either give you money or a giftcard. I'd personally rather a giftcard for my favorite store because then Im gaurenteed I'll get something there and my parents wont tell me to 'save' my money. But in a lot of ways, giftcards really arent that great, because if you lose it, then all the money that was already on it is gone.