xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
conret

3d Editing human design

I want to start making 3d faces but i dont know what program to use. I already have 3d max but it isn't really good for making faces so i am lost. i looked up a couple of programs under google and they all claim to make good heads but really the samples they show that they made with the program does not match up with the tools the program offers. any ideas or imformation? ty

There are many programs you can use like Anim8tor, or AutoCAD, Blender 3D, BodyPaint 3D, Bryce, Rhino 3D, Swift 3D. I have used Cinema 4D personally but I never did get the hang of using that. If you need tutorials for the programs go to http://www.pixel2life.com/ and they have even more on a list of 3D programs to use.

All of the 3D programs are much of a muchness and it's all down to personal preference and how easy you think they are to work with. Most allow you to download a free trial to find out if you like them, or obviously you can download full versions of free ones like Blender. Personally I use Blender simply becuase I don't do that much 3D work, so didn't feel the need to shell out on something like Cinema4D.