xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Thunderbird, Gmail Problem cant download all my gmail messages in TB

Well i have a problem. I am using Thunderbird and it wont download all my gmail emails. It will download all up until about a month ago, then dont download anymore. I tried deletin things in inbox on com[puter and still nothing. My sites email all download fine. Could this be a gmail problem, my internet problem, my computer problem or Thunderbird problem??

Can you access them ok through the gmail site? I occasionally get problems with gmail through thunderbird, & when I try & get mail through my phone. For some reason, if I go to the gmail site & login there again it seems to sort everything out.

Ok well i tried your idea of logging on to my gmail account, but it did nothing. I can login fine and see all my emails but it still wont download some of my newer emails. Wel i will try Outlook Express, but in the meantime, anyone else know what i could do to get it to work on TB?

First of all, I don't recommend the use of Microsoft Outlook Express. :)

Try disabling POP3 downloading on your GMail account and then try to download the emails. It will probably not work, so re-enable it about maybe a day later.

Have you tried reconfiguring Mozilla Thunderbird? That might help a little, but I don't think it will be successful.

Also, you could disable any proxy servers (if necessary), run Thunderbird in Safe Mode or uninstall Thunderbird (keep your current profile) and then just put the profile back.

Make sure you have Thunderbird 1.5.0.5. If you don't, download it here.

I have GMail (2 accounts) and Mozilla Thunderbird and it seems to be working fine (since version 1.5).

I have the same problem. Thunderbird only downloads 1/4 of the emails that are available on my GMail account and it makes absolutely no sense. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for why certain emails make it while others don't. Just bizarre.