xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Yahoo! Messenger 8 Out of BETA testing

Finally!!! :P

Yahoo! Messenger 8 is now available for public release download (not BETA). Yahoo! Messenger 8 now features:

Plug-ins: Instead of displaying everything, download the ones you need. (Yahoo! Gallery BETA)

Free PC-to-PC calling: That was already released with Yahoo! Messenger 7. You can call your friends on the computer, similar to Windows Live Messenger Voice Conversation.

Contact Search Bar: Search any of your contacts and get the easy-access menu.

Skins: Change the visual design of Yahoo! Messenger. I personally don't use these.

Windows Live Messenger compatibility: Add your friends from Windows Live Messenger to avoid downloading a new messenger to communicate with them. This feature is still being tested, I think. It works fine for me.

For more features: Yahoo! Messenger Features

To download Yahoo! Messenger 8, go to Yahoo! Messenger Download.

I like the plug-ins, especially the eBay one (even if I don't have an eBay account because I'm under 18 :) )

You don't use Yahoo! Messenger that much? Wow. I prefer Yahoo! over Windows Live Messenger (WLM).Trillian is good (part of the Google pack), but it lacks many features which can be found in the actual messenger itself (Yahoo! Music, Kids Help Phone tab in MSN, etc, etc.).Anyways, everyone has an opinion.

yahoo is the good one I have used.right now we can chat with the people is using Windows Live Messenger.yahoo messenger is better than Windows Live Messenger because it has a lot ot motion that Windows Live Messenger doesn't have.I love yahoo messenger than Windows Live Messenger.

Thanks for the heads up, but again, I'm not big on Yahoo Messeneger, although thats mainly because of all my friends using WLM, which is not a problem now so you never know I might give Yahoo another go. Actually to be honest I prefer Google Talk, but getting people to convert to that was to much of a problem so I (reluctantly) went back to WLM (which is still bloated imo, as is Yahoo).

Well, if we talk about IM's I simply use almost all of them and then use a multi-IM like trillian or use meebo.com for chat.When it comes to VOIP...i use Gtalk because it has clear voice and is much better in that deptt. from yahoo. There is simple rule...you ask for a major IM and I've got it..so no matter which network you are...I'll follow you :)

I like to use a multi IM. I currently use adium which is based off GAIM. This is only for mac osx but it is awsome. You can put different sounds, theme, pictures and new features all in one small app. I just downloaded Yahoo! Messenger 3.0 beta for mac but it is still a few generations behind windows. I have a feeling its using ichat as the base...

Yahoo! Messenger 3.0 BETA??When it comes to IMing, I prefer (in order): Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Trillian, AIM, IM2.When it comes to VOIP, I like Skype. Skype has clear voice quality and can make calls to regular phones in Canada and USA for free until December 31, 2006.Everyone is different, download IM2 for maximum compatibility, Yahoo! Messenger + Windows Live Messenger for maximum functionality.

Downloaded it, and am pretty satisfied with it. It does have this plug in feature which seems to be a pretty good idea. They have also made a few visual styles which are welcome as usual. But rather than messenger beta , check out the yahoo mail beta .. Especially for those obsessed with Outlook express..