xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
abu

"stylish" Your Windows Desktop ! place for desktop styler (wallpaper, themes, log-on, boot screen)

Hi, I wanna share my experience in styling my desktop, you already know that your PC, or Laptop can be very cute if you change the 4 main points of the Windows XP desktop in visual, these are:
1. wallpaper
2. boot screen
3. themes
4. log on skin
but we need 1 software that can make us very easy to styling-Up our desktop, we need Tune-Up Utilities (trial 30 days). download it here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .after that I'll give link to download wallpaper+themes, log-on skin and bootscreen that i used currently.

Edited by abu (see edit history)

I have tried something like that before. It made my computer look pretty cool but it is way to expensive to use all the time so I removed my theme because I didn't want it stuck on there forever until I bought it so I put it back to normal. I think there is probably a way to change your log in screen without using that software I just wish I knew how. I enjoyed doing that kind of stuff.

i never used it before.. is it better then stylexp or windowblinds? cause those programs are no good.. it slows your computer down.A little while ago i was trying myself to install a bootscreen and all.. it was a mess with my registry.. DON'T mess with your registry, i added a key (ginaDLL, the one responsable for the bootscreen) and well.. i wanted to reboot but it just wouldn't anymore.. ervey time the same message, lesson learned!!

You can get like 3 cool alienware themes for your desktop from Alienware. All you have to do is go to their webpage:http://www.alienware.com/
and then you go to the gaming area or any part of the page that takes you to where the top menu is at. Then you look for the "whats new" part of the menu, and download their alienguise Theme manager. All they ask from you is your email. You dont have to own any of their computers. It comes with 4 good looking themes, from which 3 of them rock.

Hi Frenz, lets continue, :D

this is "how to" in styling your desktop:

1. after you download the program, extract it and install file *.exe then run the program.

2. in the other hand you should download the new style

for new boot skin download by using this link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

for new logon skin download by using this link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

for new themes and wallpaper download by using this link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

3. if you already download all in point 2, extract all in specified folder each.

4. go back to program Tune-Up Utilities on the tab"CUSTOMIZE AND ANALIZE" choose Tune Up Styler

5. after that any new window, on the left frame (at the bottom) any windows XP menu, choose bootscreen to change the bootscreen then on the right frame klik add->load boot screen from file... then klik the specified file for bootscreen *.bootskin

6. after it is loaded, then choose install bootscreen. NOW YOU HAVE NEW BOOTSCREEN :o

7. do the same thing if you want to change the logon skin(klik welcome screen on the Windows XP Menu) and themes (klik Visual Style on the Windows XP Menu)

after themes is installed, dont forget to change the wallpaper that ic included in the theme folder

THATS ALL :)

:):(

I have tried something like that before. It made my computer look pretty cool but it is way to expensive to use all the time so I removed my theme because I didn't want it stuck on there forever until I bought it so I put it back to normal. I think there is probably a way to change your log in screen without using that software I just wish I knew how. I enjoyed doing that kind of stuff.

;)this software (tune Up Styler) is just make our job easy. after 30days trial the themes is there, no change at all. but if you and all of frenz here want to unlock this software, i have the licence, just mail me, :P:D

Wow very interesting I have Windows Xp. I go with the silver view. I do not like to download things like that because it is a proven fact that the screen savers, background, and theme not provided automaticly on your computer could slow it down dramatically. So I am sticking to those :) But thanks for the offer.

You can get like 3 cool alienware themes for your desktop from Alienware. All you have to do is go to their webpage:

http://www.alienware.com/

and then you go to the gaming area or any part of the page that takes you to where the top menu is at. Then you look for the "whats new" part of the menu, and download their alienguise Theme manager. All they ask from you is your email. You dont have to own any of their computers. It comes with 4 good looking themes, from which 3 of them rock.

I might have to try that as long as they are free and not just there illegaly. I enjoy having themed interfaces I just have to be able to put it back when I get bored because I won't wan't it forever. It'd be nice to come to something different when you start up your computer.

Wow very interesting I have Windows Xp. I go with the silver view. I do not like to download things like that because it is a proven fact that the screen savers, background, and theme not provided automaticly on your computer could slow it down dramatically. So I am sticking to those :D But thanks for the offer.

Slowdown th performance :) mmmmh, as a comparison, my Notebook is centrino 1.7 GHz with ram 256 mb (its not so Hi Quality) but all of that run smoothly without any crash and slowdown dramaticaly. its very different with styleXP (it make our PC/Laptop like turtle :P )