xisto Community
TypoMage

Jet Packs Did they make a succesful one?

surely no matter what you were wearing it would get way to hot to have a jet pack on your back those jet engines run at really high temperatures and i don't think you would be able to go up for more than a few minutes and to be quite honest to fit jets you would need to get off the ground in a backpack type thing i don't think you would no have more than just a slight bit of lift and i think you would move really slowly. i would be happy to fly in a jet rather than have a jet pack on myback anyday !!!!

Not necessarily. Although it wouldn't technically be a jet pack in this case, the pack could contain powerful turbines that would create the lift necessary for a person to "fly", and not burn their legs to a crisp. Of course, we're not really sure how it works, so it's hard to say.

You dont know about these clothes, they could use the clothes that protect scientists when investigating inside volcanos, now thats hot! The jet packs would be so heavy that you would need a base station, so you land and the jetpacks rest on a surface so that they dont rip you to the ground when you land.I would like to fly a jet-pack, except I dont think I would want to land.And those engines can lift a hefty man, and have pretty good grunt at the same time, you would be amazed

Well couldn't they just get a jetpack that wouldn't burn you? On this show the guy put a welder to his hand. This thing could almost melt through anything. And it didn't do anything. He said he powered it by water.So I bet that they will possible. Just like how back then going to the moon was laughed at. Look at us now. Do you people see where I am getting to?

Well earlier someone said that it will not be a type of transportation everyone will have. I am gonna have to agree with him. I mean it is not a typical thing seeing someone fly threw the air with a jepack. So I am going to have to change my opinion. It doesn't seem like it is going to happen.

Yeh but lol, in the 1980's they didnt think it wood be thast you could wirelessly download music, onto a tiny memory card, it didnt seem like a typical thing.Lol nothing seems typical until it actualy gets out there, computers used to be scary, and they werent typical, look at em now

But not believing certain technological feats will be accomplished isn't the same as having practical facts stare you in the face and give you a slap. Jet packs, as far as we can tell, aren't and will not (for a long time) be practical enough for people to use them.And really, why would we need them? They would guzzle fuel and would not really be worth it. If you have to travel somewhere nearby, drive. If you have to fly to somewhere far away, take a plane. There's no reason to have jet packs, aside from the "cool factor", and that isn't enough to make expensive trinkets a commonplace reality.

But, they could be like scooters.People ride their scooters down to the dairy, weather its electric or not, and they just go get some milk and ride back, well think how fun it wood be to take a jetpack and get some buttor or milk..., i mean buttEr

I bet they thought the car was dangerous.(Which it still kind of is) But we made it much safer. So maybe the Jet Pack will be dangerous in the begining but they will get safer and safer. <_<

Yeh, we have huge changes in cars since they were released, to make them safer, most important was seatbelts. They might implement parachutes and inflatable tyhings which activate in an emergency, an inflateable thing would blow up beneath you, for good landing in water, or on ground, and parachute would slow you down, and you can steer.

well they have planes that can over now a days and can move side to side and stuff so in relaity it wouldnt be that hard to make it work in a jet pack cause the jets just rotate to produce this effect...Hover boards i would see coming sooner and would be deemed safer imo but w/e