xisto Community
TypoMage

Jet Packs Did they make a succesful one?

Umm helo! :P There are a lot of more ways to fuel something :) Like solar powered. That would be perfect!(It would suck if you were flying and then it started to turn cloudy :P ) Splat!

Yeh but youd need a re-build, so it can run on other fuels... just like u cant run and ultra hi premium on diesel, and the people that get oil will have to stop before the world completely runs out

No, unless I'm greatly mistaken, this process would turn the "junk" coal into ordinary gasoline. If I am, please point me to an article mentioning that a different engine would be necessary, because so far I haven't been able to find one (although this article is interesting). And besides, one would have to re-build the internal combustion engine to switch to a different fuel besides gasoline, anyway. It's not an easy process.

I was trying to say that, you would need to change your motor to be able to run off the different fuel. But if they can turn junk coal into deisel and premium 91 that wood be good, but another crisis wood be right around the corner.If they cant re-make the stuff cars run on today, all the cars will need to be edited, and thats alot of cars... I wonder if people are actualy thinking of this?

Coal to gasoline manufacturing processes would give us enough gasoline to last many decades. Half of all mined coal is thrown out because it is low-energy coal that cannot be used in power plants. Imagine - half of all the coal ever minded for power plants. That's a lot of chemical energy.And yes, conversion would be a nearly impossible process, unless the government forced it by either heavily taxing gasoline (like they're not already) or giving big tax benefits to those who own a converted vehicle.

Umm what if in the future we found another power source? Like something within the depths of the earth.That could happen. I mean we found lots of ways to power things. I could not name them all. And I do not feel like making a list. Actually I will try.Oil(To make gas)Natural GasCoalSolar PowerUmmmm I cannot really remember anymore :) I am on summer vacation I really do not think about these things! :P

There is practically only one type of energy that we use - mechanical energy to electric energy. Nuclear power plants, coal power plants, natural gas plants, etc. all heat water that boils, releasing steam and then moving at turbine which then generates electricity. Wind power and water power have the turbine moved directly. One of the few exceptions is solar power, which converts the energy of photons into electric energy, although it is, in most cases, rather inefficient (the most efficient way is to use the sun to boil water which then evaporates and turns a turbine, as is the case with almost all power plants).And as for finding a new power source in the Earth, I wouldn't count on it. We pretty much know what's inside the Earth. The chances of finding a power source (as in a material that we can use for power - not thermal power) is highly unlikely.

Well, you reminded me of something, they are going to start building greenhouses, the air inside gets really hot, it rises up a humungous tunnel (tunnel is standing up) and inside the tunnel it has like 9 turbines, it doesnt have greenhouse gases and stuff, and it stores some hot air for when sun isnt out, it makes trillions of watts of power every minute.

Sounds like an excellent renewable source of energy, although I'm surprised that water vapor alone is enough to force a turbine to rotate. I would imagine that it would need more pressure than what little evaporation would provide.

As lemonwonder said "yes they have made one, it would sell for around 3 million...., its a big square thing with 4 jets, you have to wear a cooling suit, and you can only ride on it for 20 mins at a time, auto detecting winds etc" they have made them but who would acctuly buy these things? and what would they be used for?I say they will be used for one thing and one thing only! WAR!!! The jetpack will just become part of the miletarys attire! So i hope that all plans for the jetpack in the future will fail!!!

Lol i found some cool pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last one looks real but the others are made in photoshop.

It would be cool if someone could find the video clip form the James Bond: From Russia with love when sean connery drives around vbig ben in a jetpack and posts it on youtube

Edited by Gem (see edit history)

The last one looks like James Bond.It would be nice if there were some articles supporting the concept of this jet pack that goes for 20 minutes at a time, since I'd recently heard that there isn't one that works for longer than a few minutes, because the fuel is so heavy.

Yea most of them do look kind of unrealistic. The last one I think is real. THanks for posting the pictures.So what kind of suit do they have to wear so they will not get burned? Would it be those kind of suits that racecar drivers wear? What would they make it out of :)

About the person talking about evaporation, its not water at all, its heat that gets so hot that it is forced to climb up the tower, its a very easy way to make power, cost about 20 million dollars, but o boy, they generate like nothing else