xisto Community

My board has a mySQL error on it and when i went to cpanel it says for mySQL databases /99 instead of 1/99 or 0/99. I tried making new one but it didn't appear after i created it :)

My board has a mySQL error on it and when i went to cpanel it says for mySQL databases /99 instead of 1/99 or 0/99. I tried making new one but it didn't appear after i created it :)

I had that same forum. here is the link that they gave me when i tried to access the forum on the database.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/klo91/public_html/baseball/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/klo91/public_html/baseball/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/klo91/public_html/baseball/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database

Server assistance is available at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for problems similar to what you are experiencing.

As for the updating of the stats on your account, the script which reports storage space and mysql usage is run on a schedule and may not reflect accurately until the next time the script is run. I do not know how many times a day the stats are calculated. It may only be once or twice per day.

Server assistance is available at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for problems similar to what you are experiencing.
As for the updating of the stats on your account, the script which reports storage space and mysql usage is run on a schedule and may not reflect accurately until the next time the script is run. I do not know how many times a day the stats are calculated. It may only be once or twice per day.

So are you saying that if we wait long enough, our databases will go be back up?

i would say that MySQL stuff is down, because both of the sites i have access to on Xisto show no MySql databases therefore things that require mysql databases are not working.... im sure once an admin or someone figures out the problem they will restore all of your old content :)

its not that they might have been deleted, more along the lines of a specific server they use for mysql is down maybe for maitnense, or upgrading to a better version... but none the less, i am sure they will return sometime soon :)

I think im gonna request my account be moved to Xisto - Web Hosting server, as I do pay for my hosting, I really should have swaped servers when he asked :|. I've had enough of MySQL downtimes often caused by other users bad code overloading the server.

MySQL is down again. It is the second time it is down in a week. I wonder what is causing the downtown time. Is there any irresponsible member abusing the MySQL database?

MySQL downtime is sometimes caused by upgrades to the server, MySQL version, PHP version etc, although these usually last only a few minutes and are perfectly acceptable. Unfortunately most of the outages here are by people writing scripts to send spam emails or whatever that seriously overload the server and then cause it to crash. People take advantage of this great free service and wreck it for everyone else :) There's very little that the admins can do to stop these people before they start their script, simply becuase they don't know they'll do it. Rarely it can also be a mistake in a script, but this is very unlikely and people often know what they are doing.

Oddly, the Status Page shows MySQL as being fully working on the Gamma server. This probably means it was a script being run that overloaded the server.