xisto Community
klo91

Still showing the default index page after FTP upload

Hey, i need a little help. I just got my account. I uploaded the index.html file using an ftp, but when i try going on my page, it still shows the default page. How do i fix this?

You have to make sure that you delete the original index.htm file that was there. I'm not sure but I think it is .htm and when the server looks for an index file it uses the first it finds starting with .htm then to .html and so on. Make sure that the only index file in your folder is the one you uploaded and delete the other one(s).Edit: Your site seems to be working fine now. I guess you probably figured out the problem or just need to refresh the page.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

You have to make sure that you delete the original index.htm file that was there. I belive it is .htm and when the server looks for an index file it uses the first it finds starting with .htm then to .html and so on. Make sure that the only index file in your folder is the one you uploaded and delete the other one(s).
Edit: Your site seems to be working fine now. I guess you probably figured out the problem or just need to refresh the page.

Yeah i figured it out. Thanks. I realized that you have to upload it into the "/public_html/" directory.

or www directory (which is a mirror of public_html).Also, clearing your cache is sometimes a good thing to try.