xisto Community
Exglade

Graphic Card Brand

Choose graphic card brand  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both of them are great, it's rare to see one losing out on the other for long in terms of memory/speed on their top models. It's more of a "Who has the faster chip this month?" kind of thing rather than a "Nvidia has been outscoring ATI in every benchmark for the last year" kind of thing. The only reason why I chose Nvidia over ATI in the poll is because they've been around longer and because of that, I've used more PC's with their chips. Some minor differences between the two: ATI's lower speed/memory chips tend to be a little cheaper than Nvidias but Nvidia seems to update their drivers more often making applications run faster without having to buy more hardware but those are just my experiences, I'm sure I could be easily contradicted, stuff changes so fast in the computer world <_<

Of course those are for the state of the art graphics cards. If you want to pay $1000 for them.. lolI don't think one is better than the other because there are so many different cards and it really depends on what you want your computer to do, TV, games etc..I use an old Nvidia one..

For price performance on most levels, I believe nVidia has the upperhand. ATi has some really really good high end cards, but they cost two arms and a leg. For super budget I believe they also have some very cheap cards which are good if you don't want to use onboard graphics, which suck up RAM, for non-gaming computers. For most average/casual gamers though, nVidia's mid performance range is great, with the 6600GT and 7600GT, as well as some of the higher end 7900GT's etc. For my purposes nVidia is better <_<

well when it comes to video cards most of them these days are really good so when you get one it is more about preference than anything. Ati and nvidia are both very good card and i don't mind either i would go for the best card i could get for the cheapest pricest price no matter which one it is. most people will only like one or the other but when it comes to performance you can't really see a difference unless you are comparing a old card with a new card of the other make. The similar models from both makes are fewer close to each other in both price and performance terms !!

See I've found that Nvidia tends to over do it with their Video Cards. Not that that is a bad thing or anything but right now F.E.A.R. is the only game maxed out that I have seen slow down a 7600GT for a second. Everything else runs smoothly without problems maxed out. So why would you need a 7800GTX? That's overkill especially for SLI. You could save money and still have the same performance. As for ATI their cards are still as popular but aren't as advertised because most times their cards don't compare with the raw power of an Nvidia Card but actually when it comes to Half Life ATI destroys Nvidia without hands. Mostly because ATI cards process particle effects like a million times better than Nvidia cards do. Personally I like ATI but I have used more Nvidia cards.

nvidia man it rocks and also its high level performance is the super cool thing for passive gamerstry ge force card and enjoy the latest games and also the best one wid a graphic detail and also cool games