xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Yahoo, Faster Than Google - TEST

yup. I can't really do anything worthwhile in that .1 seconds or whatever, so... like everyone's said, what has the better results??? That's the one I use.

GXM Solutions had recentrly tested the speed of those 2 SE. the result was shocking: yahoo is really faster than google with 0,023 s. that is something.

As track-UK said you cannot event blink in .023 seconds.So,it is just a catchy statement made by someone to get some visibility.But is Yahoo image search better than Google image search ?
Because I ve observed many times personally that Yahoo image search gives more relevant results.Though for general search Google is a way ahead of Yahoo.
What is your personal experience on it?

That number probably only works if you strip away the load time for flash banners :XD:But seriously, Google has the edge in searching quality for websites over Yahoo, but I still prefer Clusty because it allows me to not wade through as much junk as Google would. In addition there are several other factors that would contribute to the speed, including geographic location, coding quality, and amount of content.

What about the margin of error? how big is it? If it was about +/- .05 then it whould defeat the test wouldnt it. I think this really doesnt matter, even if it was over a second. Its not like somebody is going to decide over which of the two to use just for a small .023 second delay. You also have to consider other factors such as how many results they give you, etc.

I don't care i mean its not even 0.1 of a second, it's just unfair on google, they put all that effort into their beloved search engine and whamo yahoo comes and steals their place as the fastest search engine, but google after being online for all that time with their fancy spiders and bots they win when it comes to quantity and quality, but yahoo has speed.So back to the old saying 'Do you want to do it fast, or do you want it done right?'In my opinion google is the better search engine and it'll always be like that

i tend to search on both as they come up with different links.I would never pick one over the other though. Google more as i use my gmail more than yahoo account these days. In fact i forward all my yahoo mail onto my gmail account.But I do like yahoo SE too! :)

I find gmail to be loads faster than yahoo. most of the time i use dial up so yahoo asks me all the time about switching to the old mode whereas with gmail it loads instantly!In terms of space for mail..yahoo is way behind! Gmail rocks plus its got more features you can embed on your mail page