xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brautigam

Capture Video From Tv And Put It On Computer?

I just bought Halo 2 for the second time, I sold all my xbox stuff 6 months ago to prepare for 360, because there are no good games coming out till November. So I always though it was cool when those people made videos of sick kills in Halo 2 or on any console game. I have a top of the line TV with all the bells and whistles, but how do I get the video on my TV saved on the computer? I am thinking that there is something that you can plug in the VGA slot from my laptop and connect it to the VGA slot on the TV or something of that sort, but that may be the wrong way. Does anybody else know how to do this or know how I would be able to connect my computer to the TV and save videos on it? Thanks...

well the best and probably the easiest way to do it is by gettining a tv/tunner card installed in to your computer. that way you can connect your av jacks directly into the pc and record that way.. and also you can watch live tv

If you have a video camera and a 1394 cord you can do it that way. Do you have those things? If yes PM me and i can tell you how.

i also did it with my webcam, the cam had audio and video jack ports on the back of it and i was able to connect my xbox that way, its been a long time, also the quality of doing it that way wasnt all that great but it served its purpose at the time being

i am glad you posted this topic becuase i was thinking about asking this exact same question. I will probally go with the tuner card. I have heard about it before and i think that is the route i will go.

The irony of this is that just two days ago, I installed what you needed on my computer. What you need is a TV Tuner installed onto your computer. But first your TV needs to have the right plugs. (I think it's called an S video cable plug) You link your computer and TV together, and voila, you can now watch TV on your computer as well as recording it and stuff like that. Funny thing, I installed that which isn't what I needed. What I needed was the opposite, which lets me watch the stuff on my computer on the TV. :)

You can either just use a cam corder and record it while you are playing or you could use a wire from the tv to your pc but you will have to have output on your tv and a input on your video else this wont work as most cards only have tvout and no input on the video card and if you use the tv out it will only send to the tv and not the other way !! I'm not to sure about this but it might be possible to play the game and use a dvd recorder to tape it while you are playing and all you will have to do is just use your dvd on the computer to rip it to avi or something on the pc But what ever you do it is quite a effort to do this!